Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the '05 Fest Pace car has been revealed, have the dinner cars (if there is going to be one - I would assume so) been decided on yet? If not, is this open for suggestions?
I was looking at the '95 Toy Fair cars I have and was thinking that the '70 Boss 302 or the '69 GTO Judge would make nice castings. Even a GTO Judge Zinger (like the Cool Collectibles) would be nice as well.
As far as color choices, I haven't thought that thru yet, although, a colored chrome would be sweet.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The new '69 GTO casting would be cool to see. However, as popular as the new Mustang is going to be, it will probably get the nod.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Should be a newer casting OR something scheduled for next year as that is easier for them to manf while they are doing exisitng runs - that is how it has been in the past years.

The ghias and the 55 will be over done by then - the daytona is being done - Maybe the Ford GT or the Maverick with a bonus car (if they do one) of the Chevy pickup or the Bronco?? Or a Maverick / Pinto bonus set?

Just some thoughts!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
whatever it may be.........i'll take 3 dinner seats please!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes, I'll go for the '05 Mustang or the '05 Ford GT.
Good choices even you aren't a Ford fan.
Maybe in red with gold, white, black, and/or yellow graphics & lettering.
Just a thouight.
I like the idea of using new castings or at least ones released in the preceding year.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
I agree with Cobra :thumbsup:
Although seems like the past few years cars have been winners(really nice) ,so whatever they do,I KNOW it'll be GREAT!!!

·
7,461 Posts
Isn't it great... barely out of the fest 30 days and we're planning next years trip...

God I love this hobby...

What ever is choosen, I'm sure I'll love it. I prefer Classic muscle, not the import thing... I prefer not... scrappin, or Zinger style... {yuk}

Other than that.. I don't really care.. ;)

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Ummmmm anything Firebird. Brewster green 73 SD455 T/A, black 76 50th anniverasry of Pontiac T/A, black "Bandit" SE 77-78 T/A, SE 78-79 gold T/A, 91-92 Firehawk, any Macho T/A color, 20th anniversary T/A, 25th anniversary T/A, 91-92 Firehawk, 93-97 Firehawk (don't think they have the right hood for a 98-02 Firehawk)....... just to mention a few.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
A new casting of, say, a 1989 Mustang Convertible 5.0, alpine white with black trim and maybe a front plate that reads "My Other Car Is A Johnny Lightning"....

Dunno where I get these ideas from.

;)

R

·
0 Posts
zzmustang said:
I thought I seen Smoky and the Bandit in 77
You did... anything black and gold is now called a "Bandit" (76-81) even though they are officially 50th Anniversary (1976) or Special Edition (1977-1981). Pontiac never called them "Bandit"

Personally, as the owner of a 1977 Special Edition I love the movie, but hate it when people call my car a "Bandit edition" :mad:

This is a real pet peeve of mine!!!

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Ummmm, I put it in quotes because that was what people tacked on because of the movie. I didn't call it a Bandit edition, I called it a SE. I personnally would not mind it at all if I had one and people called it a Bandit. I admire what that movie did for the car. To each his own and I understand that some do not....and that is very OK....along with the people who don't mind. Peace out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I remember seeing a Black 1977 or 78, with gold pinstrip down the side, near the uper edge, near the door handles, the strip ended and 'Bandit" was written, in gold, when I saw this back in the 70's, I thought that "Bandit" in the pinstrip was factory, I only ever seen one Black Trans-Am like this however.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Some nice ideas.

The 05 Mustang was choice #1 for the Fest Pace Car. The problem with picking a new PM casting that is also a new year model is that the manufacturer does not allow tampos, unorthodox colors, wheels, markings etc to be added to the car. After it has been released as they see fit then the window opens up a little more. Since this is Ford's big release this year, they didn't see fit for my pace car graphics to hit the scene first. We did try! Same holds true for the GT. Now by Dinner time these castings will have been released and if the production window is right then we will look at these again along with others.

The flamed Cobra was special because of the circumstances around it. I was honored to use it and I think Mike did a great job.

R

·
0 Posts
zzmustang said:
I remember seeing a Black 1977 or 78, with gold pinstrip down the side, near the uper edge, near the door handles, the strip ended and 'Bandit" was written, in gold, when I saw this back in the 70's, I thought that "Bandit" in the pinstrip was factory, I only ever seen one Black Trans-Am like this however.

There were some aftermarket Trans Ams modified and called "Bandit" like the one you saw. These were not Pontiac mods and were done to cash in on the movie

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
robmcin said:
There were some aftermarket Trans Ams modified and called "Bandit" like the one you saw. These were not Pontiac mods and were done to cash in on the movie
By far the most hilarious car I have ever seen was some clown around here with his black 90's Firebird decked out like Knightrider's car. Complete with flashing red lights in the hood and William Daniels (Kitt's) voice blaring out something like "Watch out Micheal!" :lol: :lol: whenever he honked the horn.

Better than the Improv...

What some folks will do for attention...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts