Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some places spray sugar water on the asphalt to give added traction. There are a few of us considering that locally since the place we will probably race it quite dusty. What is the common ratio for sugar to water?

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
buy cheap grape soda (storebrand) and use that, you will have a nice sticky track! Lot's of people use it. Just put it in a sprayer and shoot the track as soon as you get there in the morning and it should be dry in an hour or two depending on temperature.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Years ago when I raced sedans we used Walmart root beer,that gave the best traction of any other products that we tried.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am pretty sure our sprayer has a 50 gallon tank. We use 10lbs or sugar to 50 gallons of water. I have also heard about the grape soda thing. I guess it depends on the size of the track and of course the cost. VHT makes a special traction compound. But that is obviously going to cost more money. One thing to keep in mind with the sugar, more isn't always better. I would start with a mild mixture at first and go from there. I noticed that you are in Texas. On really hot days the sugar may cause more harm than good. Each track is different so you will have to do some experiments and come up with the mixture that suites your track. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts