Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on one of many message boards a while back - don't remember if it was on here or another one or two - that the tracks at King, NC and the Sugar Bowl in Georgia still exist. Are there any pics of the current condition of either track? Never been to either one, but did run a few times at the Whip here in south Orlando.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i was at king rc yesterday and when i left drove by king super speedway and its still there but looked real bad 5 ft weeds and track was cracked real bad, real run down, it was fun but time to let it go and support tracks that are currently running in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Sugar Bowl -- that one is dead. Some tried to revive it last year but required too much work. It has been vandalized and it is tied up in some sort of sale.

Sad but true, it has gone as well.

Like Roman said, support the tracks that are running.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I loved the Sugarbowl. It was one of the tracks i could call my home track. Even being from Florida. It was a place I could go and race and have a great time. I had some bad races there, but did come out of there with a Big win and a track record at a Labor Day race a few years back.
I was sadded to see it close.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The SugarBowl was the birthplace of nitro oval, with the Bolink Nitro Racer. All or most of the Bolink testing was done there. Sorry to see if fall into such disrepair, but vandals did her in......... Shelley did a lot for us R/C racers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts