1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.
I admit it.
I was suckered in by a WL that wasn't... :lol:
I was in 5 Below and saw the Monsters #5 The Phantom of the Opera Corvette Stingray with a white painted interior...
I did not want to leave it and find out it was a WL because they are so few and far between anymore... (At least for me...)
But it's not and now I have the car...
Anyone else ever do this kind of thing?
Scott

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
noddaz said:
Ok.
I admit it.
I was in 5 Below and saw the Monsters #5 The Phantom of the Opera Corvette Stingray with a white painted interior...
I did not want to leave it and find out it was a WL because they are so few and far between anymore... (At least for me...)
Scott

I have more than once then find out it is not a white i open it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
once or twice i have. Figure it is better to be wrong and have a car then be right and miss a white.

Stack

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
noddaz said:
Ok.
I admit it.
Scott
*whistles softly as he walks past this thread*

(in other words, been there done that :p )

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I pulled 2 of these from a case so I was kinda thinking it wasn`t even though all signs was saying it was but I still bought `em. :freak:

·
Premium Member
13,259 Posts
Sure I've done that. It makes me feel better that other collectors more knowledgeable than me have done it too!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Did it yesterday. I bought the rel 2 60s Sizzle Daytona Coupe because the paint matches the pearl white on the Continental Convertible W/L from the same series and found at the same time.

I will never know if it is a white, because the regular car is white and so is the W/L and I haven't anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
65mustang said:
Did it yesterday. I bought the rel 2 60s Sizzle Daytona Coupe because the paint matches the pearl white on the Continental Convertible W/L from the same series and found at the same time.

I will never know if it is a white, because the regular car is white and so is the W/L and I haven't anything to compare it to.

If its pearl white, sounds like you snagged a nice one! Use a flashlight to check the paint and see if there is any pearl in it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
65mustang said:

I actually have 2 of those out of pure dumb luck!

Went to one TRU and saw that they had 2 of these daytona's, looked at them close and hard, compared them with eachother, and could NOT see a difference whatsoever bvetween the 2, i mean, they looked pearly, couldn't tell. Figured there wouldn't be 2. So i said owell and moved on. Same night (out of the blue really) went to another TRU. and saw they too had this daytona, again i examined it knowing they were 'hidden' WL's. but this one was different than the previous ones... the paint... IT WAS WHITE! i mean WHITE, no doubt about it. compared it to another white car on the shelf and sure enough, it matched perfectly...

Needless to say, i hauled but back to the previous TRU, checked, yep still go tboth of them, was able to grab the same car off the shelf i compared it to before at the other store, sure enough, this was a pearl white!

Then proceeded to take it home and examined hard under a flashlight, and you can see the speckles in the paint.

As far as false whites... plenty. Honda CRX, BMW Mini.. couple other ones. I just give them to my older brother and he puts them with his hodgepodge collection of misc stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts