Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Modern classics too. Thise were around for a very short period of time I have the green olds 442 in the foreground. It kills on the banger tracks, won me 2 trophies so far. I would like to have another one.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
That picture is Chinese. There are probably piles of cars that get dumped like that over there.
But if there is any paint job that can take the abuse, it's Spectraflame.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
looks to be a sale picture, notice the small square things, the symbol before the numbers is like our dollar sign. i know its not yen its some other currency.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's a photo of a Japan UFO catcher machine with the cars as prizes worth ¥500 (U.S. $6.30). That's just a stylized Yen sign, and I can easily tell it's Japanese because I can read the katakana (the first few characters say MINIKAA... "Mini Car", the Japan term for toy cars, especially 1/64 scale).

EDIT: I didn't know that the Chinese also used the Yen sign for the Renminbi, but this is definitely Japanese. The whole thing below the Hot Wheels logo says "Mini-Kaa Tsukamidori", which translates roughly to "grab up all these mini-cars". I'd need a much sharper picture to figure out what it says below the price.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
great info brandon, thanks for letting us all know...all i can say is "hello" in japanese LOL. want to learn the language but stuffs hard when you know no other language and nobody to communicate with in japanese. i just love japanese cars and the japanese car scene(mainly because of very little import vs american disputes from what i seen dont know why some of the hard core muscle car guys cant agree that we all love the same thing just a different branch, its like the army going to war with the navy.) anyways the japanese/chinese stores are crazy in how they are put together its actually a great idea, be cool if someone did that at the HW conventions...throw some original carded redlines in there :p

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
this looks like one of the dollar machines i heard of. you put a dollar in and take your chance on what comes out. kinda like a gum ball machine..lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
I found information later that this was a China toy store !!!
It might be a Chinese toy store, but the writing's in Japanese katakana and hiragana. They probably imported a UFO Catcher straight from Japan (or they got a UFO catcher intended for the Japanese market straight from a Chinese factory). I can tell it's a UFO catcher because of the glass sides.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The Japanese are crazy about their UFO catchers and capsule machines. Then again, they put more then junk in them over there. They use them to promote movies, anime and video games.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yup, when I was on vacation there I saw $100+ anime figures in some of them. Of course your chance to get them was basically nil.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think it's one of those UFO Catchers that guarantees you get a car, the skill and luck is whether you get the car you want or a car you don't want as much that's nearby it.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Kind of like those scammy claw machines that hardly ever have enough balls to snag you a plush toy. I did get two stuffed animals in one try though once. Booyah!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts