Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wandered in here from the Slot Car boards. I haven't posted here in a long time, and it's really cool to see this board active. My hobby focuses on slot cars, and I hit a lot of yard sales/thrift stores/flea markets in my hunting, but slots are few and far between. I do find a decent amount of old diecast, and I love the oddball brands that I've seen in recent posts and I pick them up when they are a good deal. Here's a bunch of stuff I have amassed over the years. I realize most of this is common and/or beater stuff, but I think there's a few nice pieces in there.

Playart:

The Barracuda and AMX hiding in the back of this one were mine when I was a kid, and are accordingly trashed. D:

Likewise, the green Mustang hiding back there used to be my brother's.

Again, the really trashed Galaxie, repainted gold Blazer, and red Corvette in the way back were my old ones.

Dunny why this pic is so fuzzy, sorry.

And my favorites: the Tomicas. I put many miles on the gold 200SX and red Celica when I was a kid...

thanks for looking...

--rick

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very cool collection you got. I myself also collect these older stuff at thrift shops, flea markets, etc. tho I rarely find the oddball stuff you have lol

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Lots of gems in this collection - have you noticed that your Playart De Tomaso is in the same colour as the Corgi Juniors even tho Playart actually scaled down the 1/43 Corgi to make this?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wow, ther's a lot of cool stuff in these pix. My favorites are the X1/9, the Chevy Astrovettes, the met blue Ferrari Pininfarina Speciale(?), the Fiat Dino coupe, the gold Mark Vs, the Matra Bagheera and the wagon that looks like a custom Reliant Scimitar(?)(with the yellow interior and one-piece windshield skylight). Is the red one next to it a Marcos? Great collection there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts