Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my latest restoration project, I know virtually nothing about it including manufacturer and scale, I think it's fiberglass. Any info on the original kit would be appreciated, it's about 19" long. If anybody has an original decal sheet they could scan for me, it sure would be appreciated.

If by some miracle somebody has a set of landing gear for this in their spare parts box, I'll buy or trade!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen these listed on @bay before, I think it's an Italian kit but that's about all I know. It's a big sucker though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Phillip, I beleive it's a BCI Interceptor. I have one also that I'm building. It didn't come with a decal sheet but I do have the directions and a picture I can fax to you.
I'm doing my landing gear in metal with springs, so if you want my landing struts I'll give them to you. I can send them to you next month I just need them for patterns so I can scratch build my own.
You also need to shave off about 1/4 inch off those bulbess sides for they are out of proportion. You also need to sand off the forward intakes and scratch build new ones and move them back so they wrap around the front and side. It's alot of work but worth it. Took me a couple of weeks to cut and sand.
I'd get them to you sooner but I'm frantically busy trying to finish my Nostromo/Refinery project for the Starfest in April. Plus my SMT Falcon, SMT BSG Shuttle and Randy Cooper Blockade Runner. Whew! John.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks John!

I'll pm you my address. I can repay the favor with a decal sheet, my wife whipped me one up in powerpoint!

You also need to sand off the forward intakes and scratch build new ones and move them back so they wrap around the front and side. It's alot of work but worth it.
Or you can be lazy like I am and just cover them up with longer grilles.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you pm me I'll send you the links for my studio scale builder groups kit and model archive. We have scans of a few of the decal sheets used for markings on the interceptor, as well as an Anderson studio scale archive full of photos of the interceptor.
Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
swhite228 said:
If you pm me I'll send you the links for my studio scale builder groups kit and model archive. We have scans of a few of the decal sheets used for markings on the interceptor, as well as an Anderson studio scale archive full of photos of the interceptor.
Scott
Hi Scott, could I get that info as well. I'm working on the same kit as Phillip. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know if you can get a hold of them, but issues 50 and 53 of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Models magazine have articles and pictures about building an Interceptor model - not the one that you have, but they have reference pictures and useful accurizing info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts