Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I'm new to these forums, and wanted to share some photos of the Studio Scale 72' BSG (The Atlantia) we built in 2009! We are working on an actual Galactica now (same ship, different name-plate essentially). Enjoy!

If you have any questions about the model, just ask!

·
Registered
171 Posts
OK where did I leave my jaw (as it droped to the floor). :eek:

That 3rd pic just reverse to the side, add music, and add Lorne Green's monologe and we have a winner!

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you have any questions about the model, just ask!
Yes, I have a question....

HOW?

I mean really. How? Do you collect a thousand kits? How do you get the details down for something that looks that nice? Do reference photos, prints or BPs exist that are detailed enough for you to follow?

Just amazing...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Awe inspiring work! :thumbsup:

That's the first of the battlestars you guys are building, right Demoriel? Are you all doing a Pegasus, as well?

Rob gets to have all the fun.... :(

:p

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Questions about the model:

1) You are going to make a kit from that, aren't you?

2) Why did you build it? Is it for personal enjoyment, or is it a filming miniature?

3) Can I have it? Please?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Check out the link that Carson Dyle provided, Frank. It's got a lot of info included that you'll prolly find interesting.

Custom Replica's is selling castings of the detailing parts - most of which are just hard to find, while others are nigh-impossible to find - as "sets". They're a bit pricey for us "small scale guys", but if you're out to make a SS battlestar, they're a Godsend as, from all I've read, you'll likely save a good 40% to 50% on what it would cost you to pick up those parts individually - which often means multiple kits for pretty rare kits that go for $100+ each on eBay. Even if you buy just one of those kits and make castings, you'll still have to shell out funds for the rubber for molds and resin to make the castings. CR has them already for you to order and then it's up to you to take it the next step.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
You're right, Griff. That site is fascinating!
They do amazing work.

I'm not planning to build a studio scale Battlestar,
I just thought, since it is already done, I would ask for it!:D
No harm in asking, right?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You know...

Every time I see pics of the filming model or of a reproduction of it, I still have this feeling of awe over how it looks. Oh, I know that it's made from bits and pieces of this and that, but the combination is just so inspiring. It makes me wonder how they could have "re-imagined" what a Battlestar should look like for Ron Moore's series (not intended to drag the discussion off course...).

I think that it's just so amazing that someone would take the time to do the research and even come close to something that accurately replicates a filming model that was built over 30 years ago.

A terrific model!

Bryan

1 - 20 of 40 Posts