Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys and gals! Well its another season for the hobbytown crew of strongsville and Last night was the first night and I would like to thank all who came! And definitely all who made it happen!THANK YOU!!!!!:dude: it was FUN! Think we need to address some small things like driver stand location, and Driver stand location and did I mention Driver stand location? We had 2 Classes of BRP 1 of Mini T and 2 of Touring Stock Not bad for the first night. Here is the schedule and fees as follows allong with dates!Steve Broz. No more Berea Its now in Brookpark/parma area. It is in a plaza
on the corner of Snow and Chevy boulavard(Stumpf Rd) In the old DMV
building in the same plaza as the title bureau. Racing is on friday doors
open at 5 racing to start by 6:45 to 7( we were out by 10:30 last night) ALso
there is some 12th scale interest if enough cars show up. minimum of 2 to 3
and they will run anything. Pratice nights are tuesday and is 5 to 8:30. Race days are 12.00 for the first and 5.00 for the second entry,
practice is 5.00 for the night. There is limited table space so they suggest
to bring your own, Plenty of power but you still may need a short extension
cord and a chair( no chairs there) there are 3 rooms and the main area. Peronal transponders are OK.
The dates are as follows: October Races-15,22,29 Practice-19&26 November
Races-5,12,19 Practice-2,9,16 December Races-3,10,17 Practice-7,14, january
Races- 14,21,28 practice-11,18,25 February races- 11,18,25 Practice-
8-15-22 March races 11,18,25 practice 8,15 Any other Questions call the shop @ 440-846-1770 Hopefully this thread will remain active as a communictaion between the racers there and to bring newbies in! And Steve I hope the Knee is feeling ok!:cry:

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Mr-Tamiya said:
:dude: it was FUN! Think we need to address some small things like driver stand location, and Driver stand location and did I mention Driver stand location? :cry:
Mr. Tamiya,

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah the drivers stand drivers stand drivers stand turned out to be a problem. When we put it up we were unsure of it and went with a lets try it and see attitude. Well didn't work. Sunday we are going to go and move the drivers stand drivers stand drivers stand to the opposite wall and move it towards the front of the building a little. It's going to be a little tight and definitly a one way street for drivers on, drivers off. We couldn't put the track down much further towards the current drivers stand side because, we felt it would limit the walkway too much but, ya gotta work with what ya got. New stand location will be in place for Tuesday practice.

BTW Doors open at 5:30pm both days.

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
You all will like it on that side!!!!! I picked up over 1 lap and that was standing on the floor.
Robertw321 >> When you get it there check the plastic flipper going onto the straight it maybe just a bit too high.
See you all on Friday!! Should be a big turnout of BRP cars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have a few quick questions. What time does the doors open on Friday? What is going on with 12th Scale? I plan on showing up, have not raced in a while. See, with the Gate running on Sunday, well that gets in the way of watching my Steelers! Friday night will be great for me!
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
557 Posts
HookupsXXX4 said:
Hey Guys,
I have a few quick questions. What time does the doors open on Friday? What is going on with 12th Scale? I plan on showing up, have not raced in a while. See, with the Gate running on Sunday, well that gets in the way of watching my Steelers! Friday night will be great for me!
Thanks,
Jerry
Assuming that the Steelers were actually worth watching.....VCR.;)

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
BudBartos said:
Robertw321 >> When you get it there check the plastic flipper going onto the straight it maybe just a bit too high.
:thumbsup:
Bud,

I'm not sure which one you mean. The one on the inside of the turn?

HookupsXXX4

We had one 12th scaler show up. Hoping for more.

Remember practice on Tuesday 5:30pm. $5.00 per driver.

BTW There's something just not the same watching what was a live sporting event on tape.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HookupsXXX4 said:
Hey Guys,
Thanks,
Jerry
HookupsXXX4, Its Jay, Here is some info! Doors open At 5:30 for practice(tuesdays) nights and race Nights(fridays)
The dates are as follows: October Races-15,22,29 Practice-19&26 November
Races-5,12,19 Practice-2,9,16 December Races-3,10,17 Practice-7,14, january
Races- 14,21,28 practice-11,18,25 February races- 11,18,25 Practice-
8-15-22 March races 11,18,25 practice 8,15 I mostlikely will start racing 12th scale again too!
Any other questions either leave em here or IM me.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robertw321 said:
Bud,

I'm not sure which one you mean. The one on the inside of the turn?

He means the inside of the turn coming onto the straight away, the white plastic is too tall and blocks view of the BRP cars,12th and the touring cars once you move the stand. Once you move it you will see what we mean.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Ok, We moved the drivers stand and reduced the height of all the plastic flappers. We should be good to go on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, Any other changes or was that it? this first 1/2 of the season for me is gonna be scarce. I am goin to see Phantom of the opera this friday, the following friday I go on nights for one week so I will have to leave early, then. dec 3rd and 10th i will be in dallas! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! so hopefully second half will be better!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey Guys,
I am for sure going on Friday, I hope that there is more 12th scales showing up. Like I said before, this is the only place I know that is racing on Friday's and that works out great for me. Does anyone know when they race in Toledo? Oh and joneser... YES, the Steelers are worth watching, we are 5 and 1. You must be a Browns fan.... Sucks that you can't make it Jay. See everyone Friday. Oh, one last thing, if I am the only one in 12th scale, we I be able to run?
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HookupsXXX4 said:
Hey Guys,
I am for sure going on Friday, I hope that there is more 12th scales showing up. Like I said before, this is the only place I know that is racing on Friday's and that works out great for me. Does anyone know when they race in Toledo? Oh and joneser... YES, the Steelers are worth watching, we are 5 and 1. You must be a Browns fan.... Sucks that you can't make it Jay. See everyone Friday. Oh, one last thing, if I am the only one in 12th scale, we I be able to run?
Thanks,
Jerry
Toledo is saturdays I believe, YEs you will be able to run with the touring cars, but as long as matt the cat shows up(which he usually does) they will run 2 in a class! and have seperate 12th scale.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
HookupsXXX4 said:
Hey, real quick, I am going to be coming down the turnpike from Sandusky, how do I get there?
Thanks,
Jerry
Get off at exit 161 on the turnpike/Which is the strongsville/RT 71 exit. get on 71 north take it to the snow rd exit. At the end of the exit turn right onto snow rd. Stay on snow rd. till Stumpf or chevy boulavard(same street just named different on either side of the intersection) turb left onto Chevy Blvd.(right is stumpf) as you turn right you will see a Mr. chicken on your right. the plaza behind Mr chicken is the plaza, Once on Chevy Blvd turn in the second driveway on the right into the plaza and its in the old DMV Bureau. Hopefully thats cut and dry enough

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Robertw321 said:
That was about it. If anyone has any ideas LMK.
I like the idea of the heads up third round of qualifying but I feel we should reshuffle the qualifiers so that it will even be more like the main with the faster guys up front, Just an idea

·
Registered
364 Posts
What happened to the fairgrounds track?
I thought that place was really cool.
Maybe I can get to the new track one night for a practice round.

Talk to you soon.
Tracy :cool:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mr-Tamiya said:
I like the idea of the heads up third round of qualifying but I feel we should reshuffle the qualifiers so that it will even be more like the main with the faster guys up front, Just an idea
wont that mean you getting shuffled to the back?:freak:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
joneser said:
wont that mean you getting shuffled to the back?:freak:
Where ever it may be, front back middle just thought it was best at least to shuffle the heads up qualifier. ;)

1 - 20 of 679 Posts