Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to rewind a Universal Products spool....it's a dual line model , and on the inside it has the letters L & R (left and right) and CC & C (counterclockwise and clockwise). The weird thing is the spool head has the nut in it so when you go to reattach it, it will unload string from spool and pull string out the the feeder holes. I know it's got to be quite easy, but this is pissing me off:freak: thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
anyone know how to rewind a Universal Products spool....it's a dual line model , and on the inside it has the letters L & R (left and right) and CC & C (counterclockwise and clockwise). The weird thing is the spool head has the nut in it so when you go to reattach it, it will unload string from spool and pull string out the the feeder holes. I know it's got to be quite easy, but this is pissing me off:freak: thanks
its going to go by the direction your trimmer spins clockwise or counter clockwise

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I get that, the part I don't get is the head of the spool has the nut in it to tighten against the spools outer casing...so when you thread the nut it unwinds the line?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
yeah I get that, the part I don't get is the head of the spool has the nut in it to tighten against the spools outer casing...so when you thread the nut it unwinds the line?
Without knowing what it looks like, the top of the heads are usually stable, in other words, screw the head on without the spool attached. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If your trimmer is a straight shaft trimmer then the spool is usually loaded to the CC (counter clockwise) direction. A curved shaft is loaded clock wise.

On most heads, the nut is attached to the trimmer adapter and holds the outer part of the cutter head on the trimmer. The spool detaches without removing the nut. There is a possibility that the part of that came out with your spool, was supposed to remain on the trimmer head.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If your trimmer is a straight shaft trimmer then the spool is usually loaded to the CC (counter clockwise) direction. A curved shaft is loaded clock wise.

On most heads, the nut is attached to the trimmer adapter and holds the outer part of the cutter head on the trimmer. The spool detaches without removing the nut. There is a possibility that the part of that came out with your spool, was supposed to remain on the trimmer head.
Thanks 30Year, that was what I was trying to say. Have a good one. Geo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts