Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Everyone that I've talked to says they're not happy with the strike.Rear end is always loose and the stock tires are junk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do not buy a strike, i have one and if your rules say box stock you will hate that truck, yes the reat end is loose, the tires are worse than garbage and the speedo has a weird throttle curve built into it, buy a blitz or sc10

·
Registered
105 Posts
It seems like no matter which brand you drive the stock tires dont work well (on the tracks i race on anyway) for my slash i put on the split six beadlocks with the m2 bowties made by proline.With those i can go around the track with not much of a problem,and the slash handles the curves and jumps good.But then again it depends on your setup.you can talk to a 100 different guys and they will tell you something alittle different from each other.It all boils down to what works best for you.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
blitz, sc10, slash, all have pretty good stock tires, i love losi but i think they screwed up on the strike, the blitz i have only seen run on carpet and did alright, steering could be better, slash pretty good all around, sc10 will smoke slash when set up right

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
SC10, Blitz, Slash, Strike......in that order.

The Slash is a tank, and feels like one. Obviously the best machine Traxxas has ever produced. Much more durable, and a good selection of spare parts cost as much as a trip to TacoBell.

The Blitz is very smooth and if your running stock RTR rules with no mods allowed, it also has more toe in at the rear for more stability. Best truck for absolute box stock rules.

If you can change springs, casterblocks, rear toe, or add a swaybar, then the Sc10 is unbeatable. With a little attention to detail it can have by far the smoothest suspension as well. Best shocks if you change orings and refill often. Should be able to turn inside anything. Mine has a bit too much turnin with 30 degree caster blocks. My top pick for running mod motors as well.

Kyosho has a new SCt now. Haven't seen it in person, but it looks awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Which one of these is best for carpet...I really want to get a strike but keep hearing bad things about drive line and ESC problems. I've got a slider and thought it would be nice to interchange parts. I keep hearing good things about sc10....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts