Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some INFO on the Track and how to get to it. What gears would I run in Stock and if some one know that Mike is comeing to RPM on Monday if so I will aks him at RPM :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I-4 east to I-95, take I-95 north to the LPGA Blvd exit, take a right at the end of the Ramp, goto the second traffic light, this will be Clyde Morris Blvd, make a left. The entrance to the Strickland Gun Range,Softball field and race track will be about 1/2 mile on your right. It has a brown parks sign near the entrance road follow the road down and the Track is located behind the softball field on your left.

THE TRACK IS NOT OPEN UNTIL 2 PM - due to the fact that the gun range is open and adjacent to the track. Gates open @ 2pm , racing starts @ 5pm. 2 qualifiers and a Main.

not sure on the stock gear, see kats post below .... i had the gear too high in my original post.

In 19T we run anywhere from a 31 to 36 depending on motor timing, tire size, and what spur size we prefer.

hope this helps,

Rich Boehmler

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
yikes dont smoke that stock motor! depending on tire size..with 2.40 being a new tire and a 2.28 being of avg size....please start gearing that stocker close to 32-100 with 2.28 tires...if you have new skins on try a 30-100 that will get you ball park without damaging your motor..mike bean should be there monday night..he doesn't miss many races ... cya there

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
cneyedog said:
Glad to hear it George! ... you're gonna love the track.... its sweeeeeet!... bring some good weather down here with ya. It's been raining every afternoon for about forever it seems like....:lol:

see ya saturday :thumbsup:
I'll try to bring some nice weather w/me,but we've been getting the same deal here in Jax as you guys . From what Tom says about the track,I think I'll like it,too!
-George

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
george every saturday we throw a diffrent driver off the stand! it's great fun..muhahahaahhhha

awesome that you guys are coming down...do me a favor an send me an email i'll give you the "kat phone" number so you dont have to drive down if it's raining by noon...bring bear and butt head with you...remember please dont show up much before 2 pm..the gates will be locked and you will be unhappy,lol 2 pm gates open the best surface in florida to run a oval car on..hands down!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I know that I am coming down and am bringing Chris garland (he runs 4 cell stock) I am trying to get Butts to come down too but he said something about having to go to a wedding.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i like what i'm reading..were gonna have a nice turnout!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
yup were not in the dark ages ya know!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
was that the car i whooped in 19 turn dave? muahahhaahahahhahah

1 - 20 of 266 Posts