Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible for us collectors! Mix packaging no longer ships full sets to the toy stores. Pot luck what 2 extra cars will be shipped. 10th anniversary are terrible, once per month, there are two of the same cars in a case, I found 12 Little Red Wagons, very few others, Classic Gold, Muscle Car, Chevy Thunder, Hot Rod Magazine, All releases come in halfs (3 at a time). I'm not very fond of all the excess Import Heat, However I never seen any at all between nimber 13, and 18? I guess I should add another state other than New York to check more pegs? Its only a Hobby, I guess we are all entitled to a little complaining!

R

·
0 Posts
Street Freaks aren't part of the C.A.R.S. Assortment, they ship as a 12 car set in each inner..... so I would say that the inners by you are getting stripped before they reach the floor.

Classic Gold, Muscle Car, Chevy Thunder, Hot Rod Magazine are all part of the C.A.R.S. assortment and do come half a release at a time with one of the cars pulled to make room for the 10th Anniversary car (which seems to be in every inner)

·
7,461 Posts
I personally don't like the mixed packaging either. More time to go and find the complete sets of the cars I want.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Mass retailers have a choice which way they can get product in--either the traditional way or the relatively recent mixed-case packs. PM developed this to get around the idea that one or two bummer programs (hello Boogie Vans) could clog the pegs and never get refreshed. Some stores take PM up on it, others don't. Who gets the blame, PM for offering it or the store for taking them up on it? Hot Wheels come in mixed-case packs and sell just fine--which is where they stole the idea from. In any case, it's refreshing to hear that this is the problem rather than "we can't find any new ones."

jk

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I like the idea of variety, but I'm afraid the complaint of fresh stock is inescapable, once the better cars are gone, the pegwarmers will always remain. Another unfortunate consequence is that if a certain assortment hits pretty heavy in one area, that variety doesn't help the selection, it's just as though the same series hit everywhere.

I also don't recall ever seeing the entire release 23 of classic gold, from which I wouldn't have minded picking up a couple extra Shelby Cobra Daytonas, but I never saw the full 6 car release, just the CARS assortment that did not include it.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I personally like the fact that PM, er RC2/PM offers a mixed box and the regular release of the different series. And BTW some of the C.A.R.S. assortments from the past year did not have a 10th Anniversary car in each box.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Inciteful said:
And BTW some of the C.A.R.S. assortments from the past year did not have a 10th Anniversary car in each box.
That is correct. One other thing, too, with only one of each car in the CARS and Street Freaks assortments, the white lightnings aren't as easy to spot by comparing them to the other issue of that release, unless there are multiple cases of the same release. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
That is correct. One other thing, too, with only one of each car in the CARS and Street Freaks assortments, the white lightnings aren't as easy to spot by comparing them to the other issue of that release, unless there are multiple cases of the same release. :thumbsup:
Tell me about it... The first cases earlier in the year were dry of whites. That's when I thought that they specifically did not stock the C.A.R.S. with whites until I heard of some other cases that had. It wasn't until May or June that I actually opened a case that had a white. Interesting enough, I don't think that it came with a 10th Anniversary car either... Hmmm...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Inciteful said:
I personally like the fact that PM, er RC2/PM offers a mixed box and the regular release of the different series. And BTW some of the C.A.R.S. assortments from the past year did not have a 10th Anniversary car in each box.
10th Anniversary Cars, except for the 6 cars available to hobby-only retailers, and the two club cars, were always planned, and advertised, to be packed at random, in the same manner as White Lightnings. In other words, another chase car series!

Art

·
Registered
107 Posts
It doesn't matter how they are mixed....a peg warmer is a peg warmer. Peg warmers clog the pegs which slows restocking which then slows JL sales. It is a vicious cycle.

R

·
0 Posts
Inciteful said:

Have you seen any since the Ecto 1 month that did not have 1 in each inner? I haven't

R

·
0 Posts
Inciteful said:
Tell me about it... The first cases earlier in the year were dry of whites. That's when I thought that they specifically did not stock the C.A.R.S. with whites until I heard of some other cases that had. It wasn't until May or June that I actually opened a case that had a white. Interesting enough, I don't think that it came with a 10th Anniversary car either... Hmmm...

And,, I have seen several inners with both a WL and a 10th car, opened one of them just last week

·
Registered
788 Posts
I hate the mixed inners. I always seem to find the two or three cars from any given release that I DON'T want. I still haven't found the Classic Gold 73 GTO or Chevy Thunder El Camino or 72 Monte Carlo, though I have found the others from those releases. Recently I have found a few cars from the new Classic Gold, but not the Tucker I'm looking for. It used to be nice to spot a car from a release and know that the car I'm looking for either has to be there on the pegs somewhere or has been sold already, try another store. Now I don't know what to do, the cars I want might not show up for another month or so if at all, or maybe it came the previous month and I missed it. BTW: if anybody finds any of those cars I'm looking for and would like to help another collector out, drop me a pm or email. thanks...

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
96cutlass said:
I hate the mixed inners. I always seem to find the two or three cars from any given release that I DON'T want. I still haven't found the Classic Gold 73 GTO or Chevy Thunder El Camino or 72 Monte Carlo, though I have found the others from those releases. Recently I have found a few cars from the new Classic Gold, but not the Tucker I'm looking for. It used to be nice to spot a car from a release and know that the car I'm looking for either has to be there on the pegs somewhere or has been sold already, try another store. Now I don't know what to do, the cars I want might not show up for another month or so if at all, or maybe it came the previous month and I missed it. BTW: if anybody finds any of those cars I'm looking for and would like to help another collector out, drop me a pm or email. thanks...
For the last two years, I haven't missed many cars, But the last few months, I visit an average of 6 stores daily, and I have many incomplete sets at this point! Did I fail to mention addiction??? I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
robmcin said:
Have you seen any since the Ecto 1 month that did not have 1 in each inner? I haven't
Trying to recall... There were at least one Mach 5, a couple Little Red Wagon's, and a few others. But not as many as the first two months. And you are correct about finding a white and a 10th car, I just remembered a found one that way also.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Al, to comment on your Street Freaks dislike, they are shipped as a set per case as Rob noted, but the cars within the set are from different programs. If you visit my website, I have up to release 10 pictured, and you can view them by release, or by program, like Zingers, or Project in Progress. Each time a new Release comes out, the program cars in it get the next number(s), but release 6 was delayed and didn't get released until after 7 and 8, and made it appear that the numbers didn't follow in order. This may clear it up a little.

Program -> http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/sfpip.html

Release -> http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/sfr10.html

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand certain things you are saying, However I am stil not very happy with the system. The 10th anniversary cars really annoy me. I bought the six hobby shop only cars in triplicate, the two club member only cars in triplicate, I have toy fair cars with tenth anniversary on the tires in triplicate, Some others also, However I haven't seen the following at all yet, Li'l Red express, Speed Racer-Mach 5 , ECTO, Lincoln Futura, 70 Mustang, or 54 Corvette/Corvair. I enjoy shopping on a daily basis, However its November already?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Al, the Corvair is just starting to show up and the Futura and Mustang have not started hitting yet to my knowledge. The Mach 5 and Ecto were very hard to find around here and I missed them entirely. The Little Red Express was more prevalent but again I missed them. Maybe a trading buddy here can help you out?

I still wonder if some CARS assortments are stuck in a warehouse with some of the 10th cars just based on how many have been found, but if not, how can you argue with the program if they are selling out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts