Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for those of you that visit the Hot Wheels forums, I am a Hot Wheel collector. I went to Wally recently and I found a Matchbox Streakers 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, orange. I bought it b/c it said one of up to 15,500 and it looked awesome (I hate to say that about a Matchbox car, but its true).

Are these rare? I may be willing to trade it for a HW, but only after I know wht it is worth trading for :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
In my area, the Streakers seem to be the peg warmers of the Super Fast. Personally, I don't care for them because of the color combinations they put on these cars. The other Super Fast cars fly off the pegs.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
No, they're like the Classics of Matchboxs. And don't be dissin' MB, they've been looking really good for the past year or so.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
In my area, the Streakers seem to be the peg warmers of the Super Fast. Personally, I don't care for them because of the color combinations they put on these cars. The other Super Fast cars fly off the pegs.
Thats why they are called superfasts :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Matchbox Streakers are part of the Superfast series. They are produced in the same quantites (up to 15,500) as all others in this series. Each batch may have a different number but all models in a batch will be close to the same. The Superfast series has been selling very well and the demand has outpaced the supply in many areas. There are far fewer Matchbox collectors than Hot Wheel collectors but the cross over both ways is growing. Both lines have their stars and duds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts