Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: Metal detecting in my back yard I dug up an early 60s Matchbox T-bird. no tires and the roof was caved in, but the paint was all there.

2: Under a bed at a motel.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
one of the most unusual places I've found diecast;

While snorkeling off of Darwin,Austrailia,I had a run in with a Great White shark.
The 16 footer gave me a bit of grief at first but luckily,I was able to subdue her with my trusty,swiss army knife.
When her belly opened,3 baby Sharks emerged and immediately swarmed around me, like a crazed pack of Hyenas.
Luckily, I had a recently captured sack of Brisbane Clownfish and released them as a clever diversion.
One pesky little White wasn't detoured and came at me with revenge in it's eyes.
Remembering my Seal training in the Viet Nam Mikong river,I was able to excercise the nyung chow death grip until the devious little fish passed out.
Hearing a short blast of air bubbles,I looked between it's spiral valve and Caudal fin, in time to notice that the expelled gas contained a beautiful,Mirror finish, Mako Shark, Topper diecast car.
Being somewhat of an enthusiast,I was ecstatic at my discovery.
Unfortunately,I was abducted by several, ninja clad scuba divers,who drugged and dragged me to the office of the Austrailian Minister of Austrailian Treasures.
I was given the ultimatum of releasing the Topper,or being fed to ravaged, Austrailian Pygmy Killer whales.
Of course,I chose to keep the Topper but after my legs were excruciatingly consumed,I had a sudden change of heart.
The rare and exclusive Topper is now secured at a top secret location and my travels to the land down under have now been banned, under a "shoot on site" order,per the A.M.A.T.

Tune in next week, to visit the worlds last headhunters,the Asmat Tribe of New Guinea.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
In Bavaria, while in the service, I found a LLEDO Double Decker bus with
Geman Television advertisement printed on it in the forest. During a FTX.
picked it up, placed it in my Aidbag (I was a combat medic) and still have it.
anyone want to see a picture?

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
CJTORINO said:
In Bavaria, while in the service, I found a LLEDO Double Decker bus with
Geman Television advertisement printed on it in the forest. During a FTX.
picked it up, placed it in my Aidbag (I was a combat medic) and still have it.
anyone want to see a picture?
Of course!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
RobDog said:

While snorkeling off of Darwin,Austrailia,I had a run in with a Great White shark.
The 16 footer gave me a bit of grief at first but luckily,I was able to subdue her with my trusty,swiss army knife.
When her belly opened,3 baby Sharks emerged and immediately swarmed around me, like a crazed pack of Hyenas.
Luckily, I had a recently captured sack of Brisbane Clownfish and released them as a clever diversion.
One pesky little White wasn't detoured and came at me with revenge in it's eyes.
Remembering my Seal training in the Viet Nam Mikong river,I was able to excercise the nyung chow death grip until the devious little fish passed out.
Hearing a short blast of air bubbles,I looked between it's spiral valve and Caudal fin, in time to notice that the expelled gas contained a beautiful,Mirror finish, Mako Shark, Topper diecast car.
Unfortunately,I was abducted by several, ninja clad scuba divers,who drugged and dragged me to the office of the Austrailian Minister of Austrailian Treasures.
I was given the ultimatum of releasing the Topper,or being fed to ravaged, Austrailian Pygmy Killer whales.
Of course,I chose to keep the Topper but after my legs were excruciatingly consumed,I had a sudden change of heart.
The rare and exclusive Topper is now secured at a top secret location and my travels to the land down under have now been banned, under a "shoot on site" order,per the A.M.A.T.

Tune in next week, to visit the worlds last headhunters,the Asmat Tribe of New Guinea.
What time and channel? I can't find it in the TV Guide!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I was tilling up a side section of the yard next to the driveway to plant some different flowers and the such. While tilling, I dug up A HW Sheriff patrol car that was red and missing part of the roof. Must have been their for at least 20 years, because I never owned the red version, just the metalic blue one that was always kept inside.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Once while going down the toy aisle at a leading retail chain I decided to check out the area that once stocked scale plastic model kits and die-cast cars. Much like Stonehedge or the great Pyramids serves as an everlasting reminder of what once was, I stumbled across a board material filled with a uniform design of small holes. Randomly inserted in these small holes were very dusty chrome like sticks that looked like at one time they served some type of purpose. Since my purchases have long ago gone the mail route way, I wondered what exactly this type of set-up could possibly be? To my amazement, in the farthest upper corner I saw what looked to be something hanging on the chrome stick. Carefully I withdrew the dirt and soot just like a fine paleontologist would do on a Australopithicine skull to see what looked like a die-cast car inserted in a blister adhered to a card.

"So that's what the little hole in the top of the card is for" I thought. After clearing away the layers of dust I realized I must have found some type of prototype hybrid castings as this car must have been packaged with seeds as there was a fine green growth of grass all over the casting. Perhaps the seal had allowed some type of fungi or mold to take hold but the green fur was obviously uniform and perfectly placed entirely on the casting. The wording on the cardboard was still very clear as the letters spelled out "Poker"

I had heard about die-cast long ago being found at retail stores on pegs but until I found one myself, I would have never beleived it. It was the oddest place I ever found die-cast for sure!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
RobDog said:

Um ,uh, wow.
I'm thinking someone's off the meds. :lol:

I once found a 'Fireball 500' in a video booth in an adult bookstore Iused to work at. :eek: :drunk: :freak: :confused:
Found an old beat up HW Shelby Cobra in the glove box of my then brand new 94 Ranger.
I used to find them in junkyards all the time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts