Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This all hinges on the question are "RED EDITIONS" Target exclusives? I was at a local grocery store here in Canada, which we have no Targets, and saw a cart full of Hot Wheels they were blowing out at 50 cents. I figured I would get a bunch for my grandson because at this store, they are normally $2.99 which is about $1.75 more than anywhere else. Anyway I picked this one up and noticed the card error. Then I noticed the RED EDITION. What's crazier is that it rang up at $3.99 but I took it anyway because of the oddity. While it's easy enough to swap cards, I have nothing to gain by doing so and posting.Besides, I wouldn't do it anyway, never mind to a RED EDITION because I would have had to buy it online for much more. If these are Target exclusives, what is it doing at a grocery store in Canada, error aside? Weird....

ford red.jpg

I just noticed the back of the card.

Premium Member
That is a weird find especially in Canada when that is supposed to a target exclusive red edition car for here in the US and a error car in the package also. Nice error find congrats. 馃憤

Administrator
Interesting. Where any of the others you bought errors as well? What is the date code on the base of the GT 40?

Registered
The package almost looks like it was opened and re-sealed, but why anyone would go thru all the trouble of putting another car in there and returning it like that is weird.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Best pic I could get off the base and the stamp on the back. Looking at the card and blister in person, it doesn't seem that different than other cards as far as being re glued. Like Pablo said, why would anyone go through all that trouble to return it. Especially since we don't get RED EDITIONS here.I have done a couple repackages for customs and you can tell the difference. No, there were no other errors in the cart. Just a bunch of international cards carded properly.
The other numbers you don't see on the base are
1186MJ,1,NL
and the dates 1999,2019 Mattel

Administrator
The GT 40 code as M37 fits to what Fandom has on record. Some where made in week M35 and then M38 as well. The Viper Red Edition is supposed to be M36 only.

Did they stop putting the date code and ###N code on the card backs? I noticed my Aston Red Edition doesnt have either of them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts