Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lucky enough to find a TH here and there in the wild, mostly the regs. Today, I stopped in Wally World to see what's new. Nothing new but I found these:

All five hanging on separate pegs, all right in front. I imagine they were returns from a local scalper or that they were all BOD casualties. The 2 trucks have soft corners, the Vette is veined to the point of being bent but the two supers have pretty nice cards. Anyway, I picked them up for traders here. Soon to be on the sale / trade forum.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I'd take those any day. The '59 Chevy Delivery and the '63 T-Bird are supers. And I believe the '52 Chevy truck is the hardest regular to find from 2012.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They were probably the stash of one employee that was forgotten about. It isn't uncommon for the stashed to be behind pallets in the stockroom, and sometimes the forklift operator goes forward with the pallet before going backwards.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice. I dig the supers I might be lookin for them in swap an sell in ase I have what your looking for trader wise. That's an awesome find. You really lucked out there. Actually could use one of those trucks too for a friend.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Why can't I find things like that? (Man, it sucks to be me... :D) Seriously, I like reading stories like this - it keeps hope alive that I might find a bunch of hunts in the wild myself one of these days.

I'm glad that a collector, someone who appreciates them for what they are, found them and not someone who would just turn around and try to resell them for a huge profit. I'd love to get my hands on the Grad Sport, the Sedan Delivery, and one of those pickups, but being on a budget I don't want to make an embarassingly lowball offer on them... Unless Mr. Plankowner is feeling particularly generous toward a relative newbie collector, that is! Whatever the case, I hope they end up with someone who wants/needs them and not some scalper!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Of those, I like the Super T-Bird best. I found the regular to be about the most common T-Hunt in my area last year, but I've never seen a Super.

Never found a '59 Chevy TH.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
They were probably the stash of one employee that was forgotten about. It isn't uncommon for the stashed to be behind pallets in the stockroom, and sometimes the forklift operator goes forward with the pallet before going backwards.
That's my guess. I used to work retail and would hide cars that I found for later. I would always come back for them though...(don't worry, I let chases of any kind out on the shelf too for others..)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I used to work retail and would hide cars that I found for later.
I'd do that between 1990 and 1994. I could put a car in the nether regions of the peg-board, and most of them would stay put for two or three weeks!

Nice Treasure Hunt finds, Plankowner. Not a one of them would be kicked out of my collection!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts