Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.

This is my very first post on HobbyTalk, so I hope that you guys enjoy it. :)

I bought this very strange Hot Wheels knock off recently from a shop in the UK called Poundland, which is similar to American dollar stores like Dollar Tree.

Look at the pictures and see it for yourself. :freak:

NOTE: You can click on any of the images if you want to have a closer look at them.

Thanks. :)

BANSHEE GTR

KNOCK OFF 01.JPG

KNOCK OFF 02.JPG

KNOCK OFF 07.jpg

KNOCK OFF 08.jpg

KNOCK OFF 10.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It would be brilliant if they had fake Treasure Hunts! :lol:

Sadly, this was the only one they had left. :(

I just couldn't resist buying this thing because of was strange it was. :freak:

It has to be one of the strangest things I've seen in a very long time. :lol:

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Cool package but that Car is definitely not a HW made by Mattel.... That is a cheap Walmart 30 Car China Set that cost $9.99

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Both the package and the car itself isn't made by Mattel.

Its a very clever knockoff that has packaging, which is very close to the Hot Wheels packaging of the early 2000s.

This knockoff is just so strange and Hilarious that I knew that it would be absolutely perfect for a place like HobbyTalk. :cool:

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
LOL even fooled a forum member how funny.... im laughing hard....very clever knock off, looks like the took the top part of the package from a true hotwheels and grafted on a bottom....quite funny.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not surprised that people would be fooled by the knock off packaging. ;)

This has to be one of the most authentic Hot Wheels knockoffs that I've seen in quite a while.

The weird part about this packaging is that the front of the card is based of Hot wheels packages from the early 2000s, but the back is directly based off 2011 Hot Wheels packaging! :lol:

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should've talked about the price. :(

I bought this item in Poundland, which sell all of their products for £1 each.

£1 roughly equates to about $1.60 an item.

This knockoff barely cost me anything, but its still brilliant. :cool:

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I'm not surprised that people would be fooled by the knock off packaging. ;)

This has to be one of the most authentic Hot Wheels knockoffs that I've seen in quite a while.

The weird part about this packaging is that the front of the card is based of Hot wheels packages from the early 2000s, but the back is directly based off 2011 Hot Wheels packaging! :lol:

BANSHEE GTR
I personally wouldn't have been fooled by the package if I saw it in the wild as the package looks wrong in so many ways to be a HW.... No barcode on the backside - Car is not a HW - Old style package that says 2011 on the back - It fails in so many ways that its funny in its own category..... If Mattel cared they could sue the pants off who made it as it's fraud..... As you see this is being sold in your Country and not in the States... Probably because it couldn't get past the front door - back door or side doors to get in the States..... Only people this would fool is the non Hot Wheel Collector....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I see 6 things wrong with the frontside of the Card that jump out and 3 things wrong with the backside that jump out from an original Int HW Card...

Neat conversation pc but that's it... Value $0.00

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see 6 things wrong with the frontside of the Card that jump out and 3 things wrong with the backside that jump out from an original Int HW Card...

Neat conversation pc but that's it... Value $0.00
You're right. :)

This knockoff wouldn't be very convincing to a collector, especially with the shoddy Engrish, wholly inaccurate card-back and the car itself.

I think it would be probably be more convincing to non - collectors, who wouldn't know the difference.

I thought it was an actual Hot Wheels car when I saw it at first, but on closer inspection it was pretty obvious that it was a knockoff.

I only bought this because it would make an interesting conversational piece, rather than being anything remotely valuable. :)

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With moving plastic authentic details. Simulating a true style.

Indeed. :drunk:
Yeah. :)

Gotta love the Engrish on this package. :lol:

My personal favorites have to be "ARES 3+" and "CHOOSE YOURVEHICLE". :lol:

Its so beautiful. :)

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Great eye buddy, I know to trust what Liv says, believe me I Know he is a walking computer when it comes to die cast.
Yeah. :)

He seems to be quite knowledgeable about die-cast, especially Hot Wheels. :)

He said that the knockoff wouldn't be very convincing to collectors, which is true.

Its good to talk to people who really know their stuff, it helps sometimes. :)

BANSHEE GTR

1 - 20 of 24 Posts