Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By some impossible odds, does anyone have the instruction sheet for this? Or, maybe the key that went to it?

I'd like to restore mine...well, there's an odd detail I never could get to work, and can't remember what it was even supposed to do. Looks like a button in the satin upholstery inside the coffin. Not sure I actually put the thing together right...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone even still have one of these at all? Just tell me what that button does, maybe I can figuire out how it works. There are holes in the inner pieces that were meant for something, and I clearly left out an important part of the gimmick.

I have to restore it, it's too cute not too. The vampire looks just like Joe Flaherty.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The little button in the upholstery

is what is supposed to cause the figure to flip over inside the coffin. A post in the top is supposed to press into the button, and the figure spins around/flips over (with the help of an elastic) and is switched for the one underneath.
At least that's what mine does.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dreamer---I just happen to have this kit, and the instructions. I can send a copy to you if I can get your e-mail address. I only have one key though. So, I can't help you with that.

Hooty

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! Elastic, huh? I definitely left some stuff out! Have to see how uit works and rig up something else. Rubber bands haven't much of a life around here, something about the climate maybe. Huh, I always had the idea this was supposed to change while the coffin was closed - does the key wind the elastic, then the button releases it so it flips?

Hooty, my email account just started working again all on it's own, so my regular account can take it. [email protected] If it screws up again, I can give ya a relative's Yahoo address on a PM. The key looks easy enough to scratch build, I just don't remember what it looks like! I'll need to restore one hinge and make a new latch for it, all easy enough.

Geez, had it for nearly thirty years - maybe now it'll finally WORK!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russ, they came out beautifully!

Man, I should have had someone build it for me! Did it all wrong, all the parts that make the gimmick work were left out and are long gone! :drunk: The illustrations you sent are perfect, now I can rebuild what's missing and get it right. BIG thanks, Hooty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts