Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at Aug 5th and 19th, Sept. 16 (the 16th is cancelled), and Oct. 13.

Cornbelt races will be Aug. 19th and Oct. 13th.

On Aug 5th and Sept 16th I want to do something differant........feature inverts, so I am putting this out there in case you are really against it. For the features I will have a dice and the TQ will roll the dice and that will determine how many cars we invert in the feature. Depending on how many cars we have we may even do a resort for the heats so you get to race other people. Should be fun and thats what these races are all about.

I am thinking racing will start at 1:00pm, I will be there at about 9 or so. Racing will cost $10 for Aug 5th and Sept. 16, the cornbelts are $15 just like usual. You must have a personal transponder, I will not have any transponders and you will have to be a QSAC member to race.

Now who is planning on coming? the wife has been asking she may be planing on grilling or something.

Address:
6105 6th Street Southwest
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Please do not call the owner of Storm Steel if y ou have questions, give me a call 3195515015

Lets keep this one on topic please.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Niels, Could you please post the address to the track? Maybe in your first post so it's easy to find for anyone looking. Looks like a cool track and I will see what I can do about making the trek down.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Maybe i will get in trouble by posting anything to do with 1/4 scale but if u get a chance to race storm steel its a must. That track is best track in the midwest and super fun to drive on. Just my opinion only

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would you get in trouble Mike, go get your car and come on over and makes some laps in the bowl.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Sorry man. Don't have the car anymore. I still owned it by i gave it to hank tetuan for a full ride. Not sure what his plans is plus i am so busy trying to get the MAMT going which is taking alot of my time and trying to keep my track going here in town.

Thanks anyway and good luck

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea saw Hank with it last weekend, hopefully he will make the trip. Who else is going to challenge the bowl?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don't think I can make it this weekend. Not sure I will be back home.
What sprinters are planning to be there?
Later...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cedar Rapids is a great track. For those going to MPR for the NCS race, it might even help with getting a set-up needed for that race since it has simliar banking and fast.

Unfortunatly, I am out. My hope is to be at both Cornbelt races in early September in Algona and FD.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are the stats for the track, I went out and measured it today over lunch.

Runline: 275'
Straightaways: 25ft wide banked at 7 degrees
Corners: 30ft wide banked at 15 degrees (it seems more then that, but if you miss the corner you have alot of track before you hit the fence)
drivers stand: 10 ft high with a cover.

the photo is from today, it look flat but it is not.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TO the top Racing on Sunday? Remember QSAC membership required and a personal transponder is another good idea.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to thank Larry Hopson, Bob Elliot and Jeff Clemens for coming to the track yesterday, what a great day it was to be at the track, I would also like to thank Gen for running the computer and showing Shania how to run it.

We had 2 sprinter, 3 late models with 8.5 plate and the 3 sportsmen car racing. Hopefully we will see more next time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was doing the go cart official thing, but got to see a demo by a 1/5 scale on dirt during intermission. It got around the 1\10 mile pretty good
Rick

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm on day shift for the next race, I'll plan on stopping by if I don't have to work any o.t. I'll help out where ever ya need me.
Terry

1 - 20 of 34 Posts