Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sheesh! I previewed the post and it looked good, but not go through! Anyway here it is again.

I received a car I got from an auction:

The title was correct and listed in the correct catagory. The description said the box and label were included but not pictured. The body is in excellent shape. The solid rivet chassis is corrosion green but not beyond cleaning repair.

How much you ask? $10.58!

Marty

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
isn;t great when you get a good deal like that? I love putting low bids on a bunch of cars, just hoping to get lucky like that. I once came across an Original Riggen, MIB.. for 12 bucks. I couldn't believe it slipped through the cracks like that. They would normally run well over a 100 bucks.

It doesn't happen often, in fact, hardly at all... but every once in a while, I'll strike gold on the "bay"

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Great find! Congrats. Chassis will clean up fine. Take off the decals, a light cleaning and she looks like she'd be close to mint. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: rr

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Very nice! I got a 906 in a similar situation some time back too! Comment added: "found the box", no picture. Like a lot of folks I guess, I don't always view the more common cars - and pass on some pearls like this.

Joe is right - some stuff comes in and you wonder where it's been, how long it's been sitting somewhere, and who put it up for the last time!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Slott V said:
We need to talk Hank into killing that irritating e-Bay auto-code thing! :drunk: :rolleyes:
I think its a click through code, thus it may bring him in some revenue. I actually use them when I go to fleabay just in case Hank does get a nickel if I but something..lol...

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts