Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Stihl FS-51 AVE 2-cycle string cutter that was stored for over 1 year without emptying gas. I put in a new plug and cleaned the tank filter which was blocked. The carburator is a Walbro with high and low speed jets as well as an idle adjustment. I took the top and bottom plates off carb and noted there are rubber diaphragms on both ends.

I finally got it running by adusting carb as I read from Hank's instruction on another type cutter. I have used it for a couple of hours. However I had trouble getting the rpm up to optimum speed even after much adjusting of the high speed jet. Also I have a lot of trouble restarting it now. Any help will be appreciated.

Tim

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
I would guess that there is still some blackage in the fuel system. First (and easiest) place to start would be a new fuel filter. But I think you will find that the internal inlet screen in the carb is plugged. You'll have to tear it down, find the inlet screen and give it a good cleaning with carb cleaner. You'll most likely see the gunk on the screen when you look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts