Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the sticky stuff left behind from labels or Tampos without damaging the plastic and the shine.
Thank you,

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I agree.I just cleaned up a VW Drag bus with Goo-Gone. It removed the scuff marks, price sticker residue and everything that wasn't a scratch. Waxed it and it cleaned really nice.
Goo Gone works really well as does WD-40. Always test an area before you use anything though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Believe it or not, lighter fluid (Like Zippo or Ronsonol) will remove most adhesives and is very easy on plastic! I use it to remove almost everything that I come across that needs removed.

Cheers!
Falcon1

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Believe it or not, lighter fluid (Like Zippo or Ronsonol) will remove most adhesives and is very easy on plastic! I use it to remove almost everything that I come across that needs removed.

Cheers!
Falcon1
This is the one that is the cheapest and wirks best... Charcol lighter fluid also !!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Believe it or not, lighter fluid (Like Zippo or Ronsonol) will remove most adhesives and is very easy on plastic!
Ronsonol works a little better, and can be found a little easier than Zippo fluid. Zippo fluid was recently reformulated and doesn't work as good for removing label adhesive as it used to.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Endust usually works to remove price sticker residue. You have to soak the area with it, and then let it sit for about ten minutes to dissolve the gunk. Then wipe it away. I've never had it harm a surface or paint so far. Sometimes it takes two treatments to get it all off, though.

(Don't use Pledge or Behold by mistake. They are very different from Endust, which is a cleaner.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts