Discussion Starter #1
guys who run 7.5

we are done with 7.5 and are going to run 10.5
with the advent of the new esc's we will be plenty fast in 10.5

please adjust accordingly

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
7.5 1C is that much faster than 17.5 2C? Or are you just getting old Bill?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2-3 tenths a lap faster

we went 59 new track record at stricklands without mambas 3 weeks ago

we just went 66 laps at minreg that is 3 laps on the old 17.5 2 cell record

mambas and the like have made it wicked fast...sure i can make it go around but i'm special not all of us are special...

when you open up the esc's at your track all records will fall....it is what it is

we will come out on 0's at stricklands closer to 4cell 10.5 speeds lighter cars slower speeds...better racing for all of us and a lil less tire wear...

at min reg it will allow us to run 7.5 and 10.5 with 10.5 being the larger class i hope

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
BTW, Davepull started this on facebook last night ...........

"Dave Pulifaco: For the December Stricklands race the 7.5 guys will be running 10.5. no 7.5 racing"

we even talked about @ dinner after strickland last time ....... that 7.5 might be too fast and it was the "new modified" speed class.......... I think minnreg proved 7.5 is like open mod used to be.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Sounds like it's a lot faster than it looked, hard to tell watching it on the computer.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can go back and look at old open mod lap times..it is crazy fast..realy no need for that speed at stricklnds...maybe the speedway race?

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
yea if it's that much faster, even on a track as smooth as Stricklins your tire bill would be hefty.
you can go back and look at old open mod lap times..it is crazy fast..realy no need for that speed at stricklnds...maybe the speedway race?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Cliff, 7.5 at minnreg reminder me of the 12th scale 6 cell mod days, the second half of the straightaway the cars are real rockets. Cars with mambas would closed up 15 feet on cars without them on the straights.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I don't think I can even see that fast anymore.
Cliff, 7.5 at minnreg reminder me of the 12th scale 6 cell mod days, the second half of the straightaway the cars are real rockets. Cars with mambas would closed up 15 feet on cars without them on the straights.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ATTENTION OVAL RACERS

Due to an unannounced softball tournament there will no racing at Strickland RC Park on Sat. Dec 12 2009.
We hope everyone has a Happy Holiday and Hope to see everyone in Jan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We are racin boys

Hey guys don't hurt the Melinator, he is just the messenger delivering news. Normally the county doesn't let us race during the Toys for Tots tourney but they changed their minds, government, go figure. The only thing they asked that we leave them some overflow parking for their players, if they need it. If possable the far end by the dirt track,maybe half to the end towards the fence. Or better yet grab somebody from MB to help. Guys with trailers get there early and park them tight so all can get in. If we get this right we might not lose again to the ball guys. Any questions give a call we are glad to help. Hope to see everybody saturday. Thanks, Dave :wave:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We R Racing! And Doing The Mamba!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Here's an idea....since it's a Toys for Tots Tournament maybe the r/c racers can bring an unwrap gift and donate to the cause. This will show the city how the two events can work together.

·
Registered
240 Posts
RCGEN we did a few years ago as a group effort between the offroad and onroad. We even had a offroad race and proceeds went to them. That was when we were unified. It is always a good idea.

1 - 20 of 724 Posts