Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was in my local tru today and ran across the blue 57 chevy . i waited in a long
line to buy the car my turn came and when the cashier said that will be $6.50
i said thats got to be wrong so she called the manager and he checked the price and said that it was correct so i left it .i like the m2 cars but in my
opinion $6.50 is to much so i guess now i'll just look and not collect.i sure
hope the price comes down but i know it won't.:wave::wave:

·
Registered
308 Posts
It looks like WalMart is changing their "colors"; from being a store with "lowering prices" to one of "supply and demand"or "charge whatever the consumers will pay" mentality! This is a direct attack against us collctors, in that the Store believes collectors will pay more $s for the product so why not charge more ? I could accept this increase if the manufacturer had raised prices, but all indications are that this is not the case!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It looks like WalMart is changing their "colors"; from being a store with "lowering prices" to one of "supply and demand"or "charge whatever the consumers will pay" mentality! This is a direct attack against us collctors, in that the Store believes collectors will pay more for the product so why not charge more ? I could accept this increase if the manufacturer had raised prices, but all indications are that this is not the case!
I believe earlier posts discussed WM's pricing. I've found TRU has raised M2's and GLs but in some cases they haven't changed the prices on the pegs. If you think things are expensive now, wait until Obama takes over diecast car companies.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
This is the one and only warning I'm going to give here - No More Politics. Per TOS, Politics are Verboten! Next time it's mentioned will get you a Three Day BAN. There are plenty of Political Forums out there for you to discuss that subject, but this certainly is NOT the place for it.

Now, let's get back to teh topic at hand and leave the political junk out of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
You know, I here these stories of big price increases and it just keeps me out of the stores. I don't have a lot of cash to work with these days, so the time between my purchases is becoming greater and greater. Now, with big price increases like this, I'll just stop buying everything unless I find something marked down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
At $6.00 each I will wait until they go on clearance or just not add them to my collection. :(

I don't know if it is the same everywhere, but I was going to buy the Ground Pounder Mustang even though it had $6.00 on the peg it hung from. But when it was scanned it rang up $4.95 instead. This was at a Virginia Wall Mart. Go figure!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I found the entire set of Ground Pounders at Wally. Snatched up all 6 but no price on the metal peg. Found a price scanner and they rang up at $6.98. I was shocked! I placed them back on the peg, all except the nomad. had to get it, that may have been my one shot to own it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
At that price Walmart can keep 'em! I can see a lot less retail buying for 2010 for me. Walmart may discontinue the diecast items like they did with 1:25 scale model cars, paint, and glue if collectors quit buying a certain brand. :confused:

I'm losing interest in the RLC too. Lets just say you have to fit into the click there. I'm leaning more towards 1960's-'80s (HW-MB)diecast anyway. No store around here would sell this kind of stuff. Target 'never' has anything and when they do it's all out of date. My nearest Kmart is closed. I guess I'll be saving a lot of gas money to spend on redlines.:wave:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Guys, this topic of price increase has a few threads here and on some other boards. We know that the Wal Mart sticker reads $6.00 for the M2 cars. They should however scan & ring up at $4.97. We have heard that this is true for some while others say they still scan & ring up at $6.00. We hope to have updated information for you in the next day or two.

Here is the other thread, http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=274215

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
266 Posts
All the cars at the local wal-mart have dropped down here, 5 for M2s and 2 for GL forever 64/40th, guess tey just raised it for Christmas.

·
Registered
326 Posts
All I have ever seen is release 2 of the auto-thentics, clearly auto-thentics and release 1 of the muscle cars. They just now got the muscle cars in or just finally put them out but have had the others for over a year. The auto-thentics and clear cars just set on the pegs. I actually got a clear 1954 Merc Sun Valley chase car too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts