Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All buyers beware of this guy, seems he is broke and in desparation mode ripping people off selling junk. I paid 260.00 dollars for a used Futaba charger that doesnt work in the discharge mode properly. Basically he told me to go pound sand. DONT BUY ANYTHING, he is desperate, just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they dont get ripped off like I did.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mayhem said:
All buyers beware of this guy, seems he is broke and in desparation mode ripping people off selling junk. I paid 260.00 dollars for a used Futaba charger that doesnt work in the discharge mode properly. Basically he told me to go pound sand. DONT BUY ANYTHING, he is desperate, just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they dont get ripped off like I did.
WOW!!!!! This is crazy! I orgionally wanted $325 for this charger. I told him the little aligator clips (2) were off it. Thats why I sold it to him for a discounted price of $260.00. I even showed up to the track, used it that day on cycle mode, discharge mode, show him how to use it, the whole nine yards, Just so we wouldnt be here bickering back and forth.

The charger worked fine, I also threw in a thermo tray for him as well. And as for not having money.... My wife is having our son in the next few days, if anyone here has had a baby you know the cost, I am not saying I dont have the money to refund, but I refuse to refund the money to him because it worked fine when I sold it to him and showed him how to use it that day. I even offered to buy him a brand new wiring harness straight from futaba and that wasnt good enough. I never told him to pound sand in anyway. I have 30+ positive feedbacks here on Hobbytalk, and not one problem, besides this clown.

This is the PM sent to me today, I will edit the word he used because I find it very offensive.
Mayhem said:
suit yourself you little c**t,now i am not going to be so nice about it. Dont cry like a bitch later....
Here is the link to my thread on swap and sell forum. As it reads "Used" but in fine working order, which it was when sold to Bob pedone.
Futaba For Sale

I gave him a good deal on this charger and I got it about 3 months back, right before the snowbirds, used it there, used it at the Roar Regionals. This guy is crazy . You can believe what you want, his opinion means nothing to me, and I am sure I can have people vouch for me, the charger, and the amount of time I put into helping others. Thanks for listening to this crap from Bob Pedone. Have a good day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
NHovalracer

I have no idea about the Futaba charger, but I have bought numerous motors off of him and they were great! Steve gave me a great deal, and actually gave me one of the better motors numbers wise. I would definetly deal with him again!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thanks Scott, I appriciate your kind words! I couldn't and still cant believe this after I called Futaba this am @ 9am Central Time to buy him another harness for him to tell me that wasnt good enough and to write me that PM stated above. unbelieveable. I am sorry to say I am his teammate, hooked him up with set-ups, advice, let him stay in the hotel that I was in to save him money , let him crash at my brothers house before to save him $ on a hotel because I enjoyed racing with him. I guess you see someones true colors when they dont get the answer they want. See what he does to return the favor? unbelieveable.

Bob, IMO- I think you need consuling or something.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have bought stuff from Steve before and have been very satisfied... Do not know of the situation about this particular sale but I can say that I have been very pleased with my purchase from Steve....

Joe Borges
www.radicalricksrc.com

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thank you Joe for the words, I guess my reputation will put this to rest.... I hope. I would NEVER rip anyone off on here, at the track or at the Powersports store I own, I am a representative of many companies that believe in me to do the right thing, and sponsor me for my hard work on and off the track. I have nothing to hide, and to try to prove that, I am even going to post my business name, web addy, Home Telephone, work phone, and whatever else wants to know about me.

Steve Hanson
First NH Consignment & First NH Carwash / Detailing Center- www.FirstNH.com
Located at 1118 Hooksett Rd. Hooksett NH 03106
Work phone: 603-669-5910
Home phone: 603-232-7185

Dont call passed 9pm Prego Wife will rip my head off! LOL Thanks Guys!
I hope the truth will come out in the end and this will be put to rest.

·
Lifetime Metalhead
1,089 Posts
I’ve raced w/ Steve a few times. Great racer & very polite to talk to in person. Him and I worked out some kind of a deal on some items I wanted to purchase off of him several weeks back. We responded back through emails, he kept up with them as well. I then went and got some of the same items from someone else, he understood & he offered to refund me the money, I accepted it. He was off to snowbirds at the time, he still kept up w/ the emails. When he got back, he refunded me the money completely. Just vouching for a guy that is a superb trader on this forum.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I agree most of his stuff is fine. But if you have a problem with it he wont help you out. The charger does not function on the discharge side. I want a refund, he is refusing simple as that. Take your chances, just wanted to warn everyone that IF you have problem with any of his stuff, like I did he will not correct the situation. The charger simply does mot work right. Buyer beware.
He lied about its age, where he bought it, (said he bought it new,I talked to the previous owner whos name was on the screen) and specificaslly asked hin if any of the discharge chnnels had a problem as many of these chargers do. NO IT IS 100% PERFECT IN EVERY WAY was his answer. I trusted him because he had a good feedback rating, bottom line I Talked with futaba today, one of the discharge channels is cooked, ( the reason the #3 fan is dead also). So I guess I am out 260.00 dollars that I break my back for everyday is gone. Todd, or anyone who wishes to see a demonstration of this charger NOT working properly pls come see me in the pits at maximus and see for yourself the truth. if you dont have a problem with his stuff fine, but if there is a problem he doesnt stand behind his stuff. HIS WORD MEANS NOTHING!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bob Pedone. You have had the charger for a week, if you brought it to my attenion on Sunday I wouldnt have any problem with a refund. I showed it to you, showed you that it worked fine and I believe you said "I have never had that amount of punch in my life" like a charger really has anything to do with that, BUT you came on here when I tried to resolve this issue with a new wiring harness and that wasnt good enough. So I did try to resolve this, but again wasnt good enough for you. So end or story. You didn't have the right to bash my name or try too anyway, but I appriciate your effort.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The charge side works fine. The discharge side doesnt. I told you 10 times. Are you going to be a man and make good? I have no reason to lie about this, 260.00 is a lot of money. You are a liar and a cheat.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bob, Thats one thing I am not. Your upset over something else and trying to make me look bad, I am not a bad guy #1 and #2 I do anything to help the racers at any event. The charger worked FINE like I have been saying this whole time. I am no liar, nor a cheat. I have upheld my word on every single deal I have ever made on Hobbytalk on and off the track. Now your starting to make yourself look bad by continuing this. When you go around trying to bash my name, and use terms that are just completely out of line, very inappropiate, I dont understand how you can just sit there and try to throw me under the bus. I remember a deal I got from you before, was I happy with it? no, did I mention it to you? no. SK car remember that? It was "new used twice" turns out it was a new chassis, but the rest was old hyperdrive composite top plate and bottom plate with light red/pink hubs. I didnt leave you any neg feedback, nor did I express my feelings on how you skunk'd me. I just said "deal is a deal" and I sold it the next day. no big deal. I atleast told you it was a used charger. Now stop bashing my name I didnt do you wrong on this deal.

P.S- I do stand behined every deal I make, and make things right. Stop this BS on HT I am sure people dont want to see this and it doesnt look good for the hobby. And by the way the "owner" of the charger before me, owned it for 3 days before trading back because he liked the gfx better, so I am the origional owner of this piece and it worked perfect so you can say what you want to try to make yourself look better, and try to throw names out there, I talked with him and he said it was fine as well. Nice Try.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Also Bob what your doing is Slander and defrauding my name and reputation. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Fact: You have had it for a week. Fact: I lowered my price for you Fact: it worked flawlessly when I had it and used it, also when given to you. I see alot of untrue statements from you. But i do wanna say what your doing is slander and in the great country of The United States is illegal. Think about it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The charger doesnt work. If it were such a great deal he would buy it back and easily re-sell it at a profit. But he cant because it doesnt work.
I will not sell this unit to anyone on HobbyTalk or anywhere for that matter, let alone a team mate who I thought was my friend. Just letting all the good buyers and sellers out there know: if you have a problem with anything Steve Hanson sells, this is the response you will get from him. Consider your self warned.Steve, if your word is all you have, you dont even have that anymore.
I OWN you for a lousey 260.00 dollars!
Ripping people off is also illegal. I guess I'll see you in small claims court.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bobby Bobby Bobby, How many times do we have to continue this? I mean really? When I sold you the charger (Sunday March 11th 2007) it was in fine working condition, As my above posts have stated, How do I know you didnt cross a wire, drop it on the floor, hooked it up backwards? I don't know that. But what I do know is it was WORKING on all stages of a cycle, discharge and charging when I sold it to you. You could have messed it up sometime this week and pin it on me. I am not trying to be a cheap prick, but you keep beating a dead horse, I know when I sold it to you it was working, used it that day and Thats my word, and you know what My word does mean something, 30+ people on my feedback tell me so. I have never had a problem on HT with my sales or buying. I pay when I am suppose too and I ship when I am suppose too. I just cant believe you would try to bash me on a public thread. I even offered the harness like I said above also (I keep repeating myself). $400 charger with tray for $260 when it was WORKING is a great deal, now that you claim it doesnt you want your $ back, you were sure inlove with it's performance on Sunday. Like I said, I offered you a harness, you said it wasnt good enough, and that All I am willing to do. And if people are reading this, thinking I am to blame on this, your sadly wrong, I am a man of my word on all accounts, and I know in my heart that the charger sold to Pedone was working when he recieved it, YOU USED IT THAT DAY! how hard is this to spell out Bob, I mean come on. And as for your PM about "comming to see me at my shop" Thats fine, I have no issue telling you this to your face, If I had known the charger was busted- I would not have sold it to you or anyone for that matter. I am NOT like that.

Small Claims Court: If thats how you want to go about this, Thats fine, I have no problem with that. Here is my address to send the sheriff:

Steve Hanson
1118 Hooksett Rd
Hooksett NH 03106

I have nothing to hide and I will gladly take this to whatever level you would like.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is a complicated charger that I got without the manual ( another broken promise). I thought it was odd steve would not give me the charger at the track, he kept avoiding me. After I forced the issue, he gave me the charger and I charged 2 packs with it, it worked fine on the charge side. I didnt even know how to charge without his help, let alone do any of the complicated discharge stuff which was the reason I bought this charger in the first place. After I downloaded the manual online I settled in a couple days later to grade some packs. I cycles a few packs and noticed the discharge cooling fans were noissey, and 1 Fan was dead. nothing i would have noticed at the track because i never discharged with it. I specifically asked steve at ther track if ALL the fans were working, and if ANY of the discharge channels read lower than the others because I know this is common on these chargers. There were witnesses who heard this conversation. Sure enough all of the things he said were fine were not. Surely I thought that a custom works sponsored driver would rectify the situation if I was unhappy, for WHATEVER REASON,and do the right thing. I have no reason to do this, if it worked fine I would be a happy camper, but steve is broke and saw an opportunity for a quick score. The following is pasted from his E-Mail to me:

Like I said it isnt years old, they came out with it lastyear, I actually purchased this from Heath then traded it to Jeremy for a turbo35, got the turbo 35 and I didnt like that software of the turbo 35 so he wanted the gfx back so I got that charger back it was literally 3 days of him having it.

The real story is that jeremy was the ORIGINAL OWNER, and his name was still on the screen! He made up the above story to cover his LIE!
I was scammed, my next calls are to this clowns sponsors to let then know how he is representing. Sadly I will be forced to do small claims court easy to do since he is local. Then he will deal with me! Buyer Beware. He WONT backup what he sells if there is a problem!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts