Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The servo I have on my crawler is a liitle weak and slow. Was thinking of putting in a stronger faster one. But then I was thinking when im crawling, there are some instances that a faster servo could throw my front end loose or out of line where im crawling. Whats the thought process behind steering servos? Im new to crawling so all input is welcome.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
The servo I have on my crawler is a liitle weak and slow. Was thinking of putting in a stronger faster one. But then I was thinking when im crawling, there are some instances that a faster servo could throw my front end loose or out of line where im crawling. Whats the thought process behind steering servos? Im new to crawling so all input is welcome.
well i like hitec servos! they are strong, fast, can be slow!!! just have to have the control, thats what i have problems with.lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also use the Hitec servos. I have had very good luck with them. I say luck, because in this sport, the servo can get some serious abuse. With the heavy crawlers (mine is just over 7 lbs) the servo needs to be strong enough to be able to turn your tires while setting still. Before I bought my big hitec, my tires would only turn if I was rolling. Especially if I had extra sticky tires like Panthers on. Now I have enough torque that I can almost always wiggle my tires, when I need to. Remember, sometimes you can wiggle your tires to make the front end slide to a more desirable location.

Wyldweazel

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have a spare JR high torque servo laying around. But not for long, its going in the crawler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts