Hobbyist Forums banner

Do you run Steel or Ceramic bearings in your pan car?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I choose Steal for SK open wheel racing. With the beating the wheels take it doesn't make since for cerimic. if i ran pan car than cerimic.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Steel...cause I'm CHEAP, except on the Velodrome Car...I try to use GOOD STUFF...but 1/2 the time, I seem to still end up with the Cheap Stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Didnt vote cause both was not an option.. I use ceramics everywhere except the hubs.. Its cheaper and easier to use steel and just replace frequently..

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Kenwood said:
Didnt vote cause both was not an option.. I use ceramics everywhere except the hubs.. Its cheaper and easier to use steel and just replace frequently..
Exactly!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

Now, Where are you guys getting ceramic bearings?

Hopefully this doesn't get out of control.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Caution about the ceramic bearings from rc4less, the do not appear to use stainless steel races, as I have had many rust on me. So you have to use motor spray only, don't wash them in water or store in a humid area.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Now, Where are you guys getting ceramic bearings?

Tommy, K&N has them in stock, Contact Danielle she'll get what you need to you....

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Ceramics are a waste of money!! I tried them all. Go with steel and replace when they get gritty. I buy the wheel bearings in bulk and they cost about $1.50 ea. They last about 2 months. Ceramics last about the same so why waste the money.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
KenBajdek said:
Ceramics... They last about 2 months. Ceramics last about the same so why waste the money.
hell...how do guys threat them...been running the same 4 ceramic bearings(2x axles...2x RR hub) i got from Bruce(rc4less)in both of my cars... 27 month ago...and i raced them on concrete...asphalt and carpet...

you must have been doin sometin' wrong...

Eric

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
this is the end of my 2nd year using ceramic bearings from rc4less. i clean them every other week followed by a few drops of oil.

·
Registered
157 Posts
RC4LESS Ceramics

Bruce sent me a set of ceramic bearings a few years ago, told me if i didnt like them, dont pay for them..... I paid him after the first week of use! He has some good ceramic bearings.

Jim Duffle
Carolina RC Complex
Home of the 2007 Paved Oval Nats
www.carolinarc.com

1 - 20 of 36 Posts