Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can lend a hand to move some dirt. I would think die hard racers would all pitch in for a place to run. What else needs to be done?

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Dinge,
Thanks again and thanks to everyone for the support and interest. What I was trying to say previously is the store is trying to be smart on what we invest in. We would rather spend on permanent structures than something we "may" have to move sooner than later. I am not only talking about dirt, but electricity and water! It is simply a gamble! Technically we could just dump some dirt and be off and racing. It really is a great space! If someone wants to donate, or spear head this, give me a call.
Thanks again!
Mike
:wave:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mike, Wish I had the extra cash to get the dirt for the track but if someone else does you know I will be more than glad to help in any other way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mike, as far as I know there are about 6 to 8 of us from Larobe heading your way this weekend to race. We are looking forward to checking everything out.
Al

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great! See you on Saturday. Carpet Racing starts at 1PM with registration closing at 12:30...

We are going to get there a little Early I was kind of worried about us guys getting there late and not have a place to pit. We are coming armed with extension cords and really to try our hand at your track. I printed out the rules and was handing them out to those of us in my area.

Look forward to seeing you guys then....

Al :wave:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hey Wizzard,

If I have to work on Sat. Can you pre-register me and I will get there in time for the race start? I will e-mail you a list of our classes......

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you guys going to build the dirt track? Understandable with the mall trying to keep stores since the big deal fell through. Are you still moving?

·
Registered
18 Posts
RcDinge said:
Are you guys going to build the dirt track? Understandable with the mall trying to keep stores since the big deal fell through. Are you still moving?

I read that in the paper a while ago too......Will there still be a move? :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, so I sit here have my morning coffee killing a few minutes before I have to run my son to work at the local hobbies shop in town , thinking about my weekend of racing.
I have to take my hat off to those that Steel City for a way cool day of racing at there track.
Some may know I race at Latrobe and we had a small group of folks make the trip to see the gang at Steel City and try out there track.
I must say I was concerned about what we would find with there current carpet. It was great we were able to stick just fine. The Staff and other racers were outstanding. They joked with us and made us feel welcome as if we were regulars there. Mike runs a great race. Mike and his staff were able to keep the races moving right along in a very timely manor.
After talking with most of the guys we were with all of them enjoyed themselves and all want to plan another trip back. We had talked about maybe once a month running down there.
Mike did a wonderful job with everything and the staff he had put up with us and was great with pointing us to the parts we needed and wanted in the store.
If anyone is thinking of making the trip….Do it! We were pleasantly surprised at what we found and had a great time!
Thanks guys at Steel City. I’ll be seeing ya again.
Al :thumbsup:

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Al,
Thanks for stopping in and bringing the gang with you! It was a lot of fun and hope to continue this type of racing anytime you can make it! Everyone at SCH (staff and racers) want to provide the best quality of racing from track conditions to atmosphere... and the Latrobe gang just added to it! 90% of it is just having good clean fun!
Happy Holidays!
Mike

wizard said:
Well, so I sit here have my morning coffee killing a few minutes before I have to run my son to work at the local hobbies shop in town , thinking about my weekend of racing.
I have to take my hat off to those that Steel City for a way cool day of racing at there track.
Some may know I race at Latrobe and we had a small group of folks make the trip to see the gang at Steel City and try out there track.
I must say I was concerned about what we would find with there current carpet. It was great we were able to stick just fine. The Staff and other racers were outstanding. They joked with us and made us feel welcome as if we were regulars there. Mike runs a great race. Mike and his staff were able to keep the races moving right along in a very timely manor.
After talking with most of the guys we were with all of them enjoyed themselves and all want to plan another trip back. We had talked about maybe once a month running down there.
Mike did a wonderful job with everything and the staff he had put up with us and was great with pointing us to the parts we needed and wanted in the store.
If anyone is thinking of making the trip….Do it! We were pleasantly surprised at what we found and had a great time!
Thanks guys at Steel City. I’ll be seeing ya again.
Al :thumbsup:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts