Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Construction Begins Monday!

We will start on the On-Road on Monday. Actually, construction will start next week on the Off-Road as well!

I would think the On-Road will open 1st however... with Off-Road shortly afterwards. It will be good for those miserable days this summer... the On-Road will be fully climate controlled with plenty of shopping for the in-between racing! :lol: We are excited to get this going ASAP so we can have all the kinks & bugs worked out before the cooler weather sets in.

Don't forget, we have XXX-T and XXX-S RTR Kits on SALE RIGHT NOW!!!! They will never be this low again and we can not post how cheap the sale price is because of the manufacture limitations on lowest advertising pricing. :( Let me put it to you this way... These prices are the cheapest in the USA. Sale ends SUNDAY, July 18 so stop in! (Washington PA store only) Out-of-store sale only, no shipping or phone/email orders. :wave:

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
August Progress

The Carpet track is ready for some oval action. Although we will be adding an AMB timing system in the very near future. Off-Road construction has begun, but we are concentrating on the on-road this month. The dirt for off-road will be in sometime early September.
The store is shaping up nicely as well. Stop by and check it out. We are always open for comments and suggestions on track designs, and inventory for your favorite R/C car.

:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Holly smokes! The track in Maryland was packed yesterday! When will the Washington off-road track be ready? If it is as nice as the on-road, we will have good times ahead!
RacerX

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Ok, now that the carpet track is up and running, we are going to focus on the dirt! We have a lot of display cases if anyone is interested in them. We have about 15 - 20 of them and we will sell them for about $75-100 bucks. CHEAP! We are only a few weeks away from opening up the track... just in time for the cold weather!

Keep posted to the website for more info.

Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am an off road guy, but on-road looks good for the pittsburgh area with a few carpet tracks. But this may be the only off road track in pittsburgh this winter period. Is this a sure thing because I hear rumors about washington mall getting the wrecking ball. I hope not for our sake! when do you think this track can open? will there be any work weekends to get the track ready?

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Dinge,
We will have work days! Starting next week we will be doing some finishing touches in that space. We are doing a lot of work in the pit area and removing all sorts of display cases in the race area, but it is moving along. We will need help moving dirt around and setting up pit tables, etc. Any help would be great. Just contact the store for the best times.
Thanks for your input.
Mike

·
Registered
846 Posts
Progress on the INDOOR DIRT TRACK?

Mike, it's been almost 1 week from your last post- inquiring minds want to know............ ???? When will the dirt be delivered? Will there be racing by the end of Sept? Thanks for updating, John.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
To be...or not to be??? DIRT

John (and inquiring minds),
We are approved for the space 100%!
BUT, (as there is always a "but")
We are waiting for a call back from the board of directors on exactly what is going to happen to THAT space in the near future as parts of the mall are slated for the wrecking ball! :confused:
Chances are that we will be able to haul some dirt into the space and race until next spring, if not longer. But with the chance of loosing that space before the end of January 05, it may not be worth putting $$ into a 3 month life span for a track. We are ready to pounce on the space soon as we get the word "go". If that is the case, we should be ready to go by the end of the month or early October!
I already have my MF2 w/brushless set up and ready to go!
Thanks!
Mike

Mike, it's been almost 1 week from your last post- inquiring minds want to know............ ???? When will the dirt be delivered? Will there be racing by the end of Sept? Thanks for updating, John.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, what progress you guys have made ups and downs too! looks like you are on the up and up with the new track. are you having indoor racing in MD again this winter? i have been down south for months so i have been out of the loop. looking to visit some tracks whenever i head up before winter. (seasonal job here)

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Outdoor Dirt Track

Maxx,
You’re all over SCH. Thanks for posting.
The Mall wants us to do OutDoor On-Road as well as Off-Road. The question now is... where on the grounds?? Time will tell... but we strongly want to produce outdoor off road by next summer.
As you may already know, we do have an off-road track right at our store at Deep Creek Lake, only 90 miles southeast of the store. If you need directions check out the website or give Jerry a call at the MD store.
Mike

MaxxMadness said:
Theres plans for an outdoor track up hear in washington too right? if so, were would that be?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmm.....I'm trying to think of were that off-road track could go....I was thinking for a minute the Washington County Fair Grounds... I know that right beside the hospital is a HUGE grass parking area for the big fair every year (probably a couple acres) , but it never really gets filled up, but i duno...i dont think that would be the ideal spot for a track

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Off-Road tracks

Maxx,
Well, the mall says we could easily build one behind the movie theater... which there is plenty of room for both off-road and on-road. We will cross that bridge soon enough. We have been approved for the indoor dirt off-road (next to Staples), but we are holding off to see if we can make a 5 or 6 month run apposed to a 3 month run. Nitro would be limited to nice days because we only have a loading dock door and 2 man doors to open for fresh air. We are leaning towards the electric realm though.
We have an off-road track at our Maryland store, which is only 89 miles south/east of the Washington store. Races for that track are every Sunday at Noon. If you jump in now, you can still compete for the points/trophy series, as you must attend six of the nine races. The series is for Monster Truck and 1/8th Scale buggy only, but we do run classes such as Stadium Truck, Mini-T, and more.
Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whats going on with the off road indoor track? I hear mcculloughs building was just put up by the amish. It would be cool to have two rival tracks to run on! I may be moving out of town next spring so I need to get my fix with the locals before I go. Nice carpet track by the way.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Like I said before, we have the space for at least 3 months... not sure what happens after January... We have a decent carpet track that is the largest in the area with both road course and tri-oval... and if we can get a solid word that the off-road space will not be renovated before February, we will go for it. :thumbsup:
Keep in touch on the website! Thanks!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts