Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Woodgrain flappin in the breeze

Ah-ha, The original SUV, the granddaddy of the "Family Truckster". I just passed on a nice original '65 Impala station wagon for 1600 bucks, still kickin' myself. I always like the Malibu wagons too. Having a serious flashback on my neighbors woodgrained Country Squire. :freak: Seats six adults, five kids in the horseshoe shapped rear seat in the wayback. Not to mention a sturdy roof rack as big as railroad flat car. Roll down the back window under way and everyone takes a little nappy. LOL. All that and 10mi to the gallon with a speaker in the back. "Man what a ride, what a ride!" I agree Mike. The wagons would be something different. Just say no to Nomads. (well maybe a 56-7 offering from Model Motoring to go with their sweet 55 hard top) I could really dig on a Falcon Wagon. Valiant? Rambler? Along the same theme I'd love to see some stock panels and pie wagons we could have our way with. Dang we're old. :dude: BH

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bill Hall said:
woodgrained Country Squire. :freak: Seats six adults, five kids in the horseshoe shapped rear seat in the wayback. Not to mention.....

................ a I'd love to see some stock panels and pie wagons we could have our way with. Dang we're old. :dude: BH
Country Squire wagon????? Bill,you're killin' me over here bro.

My dad had a '74.Could have been a 1774 because it seemed like he owned it for a few hundred years.

My Renault Le Car was getting some work done,so I borrowed it once.
Handling???????? Wow,was it bad.Like driving one of those old paddle wheel steam ships down the road.
Had a 400 in it tho.Didnt do anything,but it was there.Maybe for ballast.Who knows?????

He had another one I remember.About 1/3 of the roof was a huge window.Maybe a '70's or even '60's era Olds?????

And yeah,panel wagons.Searchy,the guy who lived across from my grandmother and fixed TVs had a beige Falcon panel.

SO much could be done with this idea tho.

Mike

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wagons CAN be kinda cool. The Magnum wagon is tight, and who can say no to a '40 Ford Woodie with cragar mags and surfboards hanging out the back window? But anymore most of the wagons I think look cool are import tuners. The Mazda 5 turbo and Subaru WRX look sweet and are fast. Either are good cars in and of themselves, whereas the sedan counterpart of any sporty wagon is just boring and pointless by comparison.*drops his 2 cents in the bucket*

Oh, almost forgot...

Warning: HUGE surprises lie ahead....

Theyre not technically station wagons, but I also like the Jeep Grand Wagoneers, after you ditch that crappy fake wood trim, raise them up on at least 35" tires, and maybe a little chop-job on the rear roof section for a little SUT action. Of course if we're going to go that far, just give me a '74-'83 fullsize 2-door Cherokee Chief painted Big Bad Blue with the 401 engine and 4-spd granny low tranny...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
have you guys seen the late 60s Mercury wagon that Claus cast from a Playart diecast? Absolutely beautiful job, looks for all the world like an Aurora T-jet... if nobody posts pics before i get home from work, I'll get some up.

I just sold my wagon. :( It was a '92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, I've had pics of it up on the board before. I loved that thing, but the transmission quit just before Christmas. :cry: 3rd and 4th gears just died, for whatever reason... you'd get over 25 MPH, it would shift out of second and into what seemed like neutral. Had to hold it in 2nd to drive it around the block. I decided not to put the money into it. It had 180k on it and I had hoped to get it up over 200k, but oh well. Actually, I think it's in good hands... I sold it on Fleabay to a guy in the next state who's going to put it together with a wrecked one that's good mechanically. He picked it up Saturday.

Hey, does a Chrysler Pacifica count as a wagon? That's what I got to replace the Buick... :D

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
vaBcHRog said:
Mike buy MEV's Kits they are in the $15.00 range and well worth the money

Roger Corrie
I second that. I have a couple and they're the same quality as the "finished" cars, just with gray bumpers instead of chromed. I actually don't feel as guilty about "modifying" them a little... :D

--rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts