Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum with my first question. My engine starts first pull everytime when cold. But after I use it and turn it off it takes 10 minutes of pulling to get it started again. I own a small business and need to run this engine a few times a day to do my job but by the time I get it started the second time im exhausted. It only has a few hours on the motor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 6.5 horse 196cc ohv used with my air compressor. Its from harbor freight so that may be my problem.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Does it turn the compressor all the time? or does it have a clutch??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its always turning. It just revs up when it needs more air. Its starts and runs great the first pull of the day but after that it gets tough.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Well the reason I was asking if it turned the compressor all the time, I was thinking maybe the pressure bleeds out during the night and the first time you use it there is little to no resistance from the compressor and the engine starts right up. The next time you go to start it, there may be more load on the engine from the compressor if there is compressed air stored in the tank and the extra load may be what is causing the hard start. Just a thought anyways.

I have some of these engines being used on pressure washers and do not have any hard start issues with them hot or cold, but they are hard to start if the water is turned on before I start them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the last couple of days ive been draining the tank after each use and its been starting first pull. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts