Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well another Wonderfest has gone! That make 21 for me!:cool: Being money was very tight I bought only three kits, but still was higher then I wanted to spend. But actually my daughter gave me $50 for my birthday for next week. She said "take the $50 and get yourself a monster kit from Wonderfest cause I think your a great day". Well she made me happy. I actually did buy it for $50.:eek: So that worked out OK. That means that I didn't spend more then I wanted. I actually got two other kits. I pick up a boxed Aurora Halberstadt CLII. It is a very nice box too so it goes in my Aurora plans and jets. The other kit I bought which I think it was the biggest sell at the show. As I kept seeing people carrying that big box and some dealers sold out of the kit. This is Pegasus Dragon Slayer!:thumbsup: It is a very big kit and fits very well.
But for now I am going to work on this kit - Alligator Dinosaur!:eek: A resin kit and seems to be a good looking kit. I am working with my dremel and cleaning it up tonight. Here he is!

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy
! :dude:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Now Larry has to make the "lizard dinosaur" so you can depict the battle from the film "One Million BC". I remember watching an 8mm version of that film (almost every week) when my folks would drop us off in the "babysitting room" in the grocery store while they did their shopping. There was a TV in the corner of the room and I remember seeing "my Three Sons" every week. Along with the TV they showed a few 8mm short films.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this kit Chinxy!

Phil K

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Chinxy, looking forward to your build. It's an impressive looking model with an Aurora type style.

I also agree on the Dragonslayer kit. Almost everyone seemed to be carrying one of these around, me included! Can't wait to start on mine.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Now Larry has to make the "lizard dinosaur" so you can depict the battle from the film "One Million BC". I remember watching an 8mm version of that film (almost every week) when my folks would drop us off in the "babysitting room" in the grocery store while they did their shopping. There was a TV in the corner of the room and I remember seeing "my Three Sons" every week. Along with the TV they showed a few 8mm short films.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this kit Chinxy!

Phil K
Wow, that brought back memories, there was a pizza place in indiana that showed 8mm universal monster flicks! Condensed versions and silent, but still great! Sounds like you had a great WF Chinx! I'm sure you'll do a great job on the new kits! as usual!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Chinxy, you're getting something built before I even get home! I was wondering what that kit reminded me of and I guess as mentioned above that it was the movie 1 Million Years BC. Did it come with a base or any other parts? Of course you can make a base for it if need be. We won't be getting back to Florida until Monday or Tuesday and I'll probably start work on models within a day or two. First I have to mow the yard.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Hey Chinxy - Looks like fun!

Dinosaurs aren't my thing... but there were certainly some very cool dinosaur models at Wonderfest!!

- Denis

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK you guys! Ya talk me into it. I just went through my collection of DVD's and found One Million Years B.C. and have it on now. I always like watching the movie of the kit I'm working on. And a lot of people get killed in this movie. WOW!
Well I have him put together now. But the base is all wrong so I'm going to re work the base so he fit on it. His feet aren't even flat on the base. But no worries. I can re work the base and it's kind of fun! This is what I have done so far.

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!
:dude:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
So that is what a Crocmetrodon looked like??? Can't wait to see if finished Chinx. I am also biting at my bit to get home and doing some building. I did fix the Silly Surfer I sent my son here in Austin 2 years ago that had gotten broken in the packaging.

·
Registered
546 Posts
OK you guys! Ya talk me into it. I just went through my collection of DVD's and found One Million Years B.C. and have it on now. I always like watching the movie of the kit I'm working on. And a lot of people get killed in this movie. WOW!
Well I have him put together now. But the base is all wrong so I'm going to re work the base so he fit on it. His feet aren't even flat on the base. But no worries. I can re work the base and it's kind of fun! This is what I have done so far.

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!
Chinxy,
Are you watching "One Million BC" or "One Million Years BC"?
The later is the Ray Harryhausen film with Rachel Welch. The first is the film that has your "Crocosaurus" doing battle (and wins!) against the "lizard dino".

Phil K

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Could be either - those real lizards with fins attached appeared in quite a few prehistoric films of the '50's and early 60's, according to the Dinosaur Movie Guide book, to save the cost of producing stop-motion dinosaur footage. And to save money further the same scenes were re-used in more than one film!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chinxy,
Are you watching "One Million BC" or "One Million Years BC"?
The later is the Ray Harryhausen film with Rachel Welch. The first is the film that has your "Crocosaurus" doing battle (and wins!) against the "lizard dino".

Phil K
It's One Million Years B.C. and I'm glad you explained that to me cause I watched it today and didn't see any Crocosaurus. So I guess I'll go on line and see if I can find One Million BC.
I'm starting on the base now so he can fit.

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK - rebuilt the base so he fits now. All four feet are flat on the ground.:thumbsup: I have him all primed and ready to airbrush! :cool:

Happy Aurora Trail!
Chinxy!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The alligator/dino kit reminds of the fake finned iguanas in Journey to the Centre of the Earth, the James Mason version which had them near the inner sea.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here he is on the base. Just one side. And I broke 2 teeth so I made new one's from Aves AS and placed them on the jaw.

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts