Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say :wave: to everyone. I just started my NASCAR diecast collection today. As of now, I'm collecting Tony Stewart Cars. The 2 cars that I have now is the 2007 Paint Scheme "GM DEALER" and the 2002 Championship Color Chrome car limited to 1,008
I just won a couple of cars at ebay. First being the 2006 Motorsports Authenic Tony Stewart Goody's Dale Earnhardt Foundation Car limited to 504, and I also picked up the 2006 Tony Stewart Crown Royal Iroc Firerbird limited to 3,024.

I wanted to know if you guys can give me advice about diecast cars and what recommendations of Stewart Car should I consider investing.

Finally, can anyone recommend me a reputable Online site that sells diecast cars?

Thanks,
Gilbert

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
hi gilbert,
first, don't buy anything you don't plan on keeping, forever. i've actually thrown things away that i couldn't get a penny for and had no more room for..

stick to one driver.

and keep on a budget. i've still got over 300 cars because i didn't do either of the above.

reputable. good luck.even rcca ( used to be the holy grail of collectors clubs) fails that test now.

be careful

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, for the advice. Yeah, I really only wanted to stick with one driver. Since these things get pretty expensive. I'm going to keep my cars for a long time and going to use them as a decoration when I get older and I have a sports themed room.
I guess i'm just going to get them on the bay.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i've got some 97 irl stewart items. 1/64 and 1/24 scale glidden irl cars. made by racing champs. mint in unopened box or package. i can email pics.

1/24 is $60.00 plus shipping.
1/64 is $30.00 shipped.

you might want to make it so you can be private messaged.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kick is right, RCCA cars usally hold the best values, if you also try Roushracing.com, they have a store with many drivers available. I myself have bought a few cars from them and are nicely done. Also..If your looking to collecting as a "Value" or investment, again, Rcca, Revell, Ertls, and Racing Chapions Platium series are good choices. If your doing it just for fun and on a budget, the standard cars of Racing Chapions, Hot Wheels & Winners Circle are good. It all depends on what you like and and if your thinking investment terms or Fun terms". Feel free to IM me or email if you have any other questions, as I have been collecting since 1988-89, and also ran a Nascar Diecast bussiness for awhile. ( Part of the reason I still have much to sell)
Thanks and Happy Collecting
GW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreyWolf61 said:
Kick is right, RCCA cars usally hold the best values, if you also try Roushracing.com, they have a store with many drivers available. I myself have bought a few cars from them and are nicely done. Also..If your looking to collecting as a "Value" or investment, again, Rcca, Revell, Ertls, and Racing Chapions Platium series are good choices. If your doing it just for fun and on a budget, the standard cars of Racing Chapions, Hot Wheels & Winners Circle are good. It all depends on what you like and and if your thinking investment terms or Fun terms". Feel free to IM me or email if you have any other questions, as I have been collecting since 1988-89, and also ran a Nascar Diecast bussiness for awhile. ( Part of the reason I still have much to sell)
Thanks and Happy Collecting
GW
Thanks for the reply.
I'm mostly sticking to Rcca cars. My collection is up to 8 cars now. :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yes and no. rcca is a club. racing collectables club of america. action is the retail , or was the retail version of the rcca cars. usually but not always, a great deal more of the action version is produced, as opposed to club cars. rcca was bought out about a year ago by motorsports authentics. it's pretty much putting out all cars. except for less known drivers, and a company called checkered flag is doing those.
i always found the club cars better. i am a member. but the club is a mess now, and i haven't bought anything for well about 3 years at least, after buying alot for about 7 years. it's run poorly, programs are cancelled, etc. rcca and action cars have new names now i believe also. those brands no longer are distributed.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i can't say you should or shouldn't. i just know i found the club was great for a long time. then qvc got involved. then it was sold. and now it's a total mess from my view. personally, knowing what i do now, i would not join today. it's a hassle and like nascar, they change the rules all the time. good luck if you join.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts