Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any tracks that do mass starts for heats and mains in or out door(summer) around gr,mich. just wondering cause i dislike ifmar starts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
sc10 should have a land rush start! All other classes should have ifmar starts for the first quali, then sort out the fast people!

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
are there any tracks that do mass starts for heats and mains in or out door(summer) around gr,mich. just wondering cause i dislike ifmar starts
The standard of the industry is IFMAR starts. Remember if someone is closing in on you on the track they've already passed you on the clock. After the second round do a resort. It never fails, the cream of the crop will rise to the top every-time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The standard of the industry is IFMAR starts. Remember if someone is closing in on you on the track they've already passed you on the clock. After the second round do a resort. It never fails, the cream of the crop will rise to the top every-time.
does that meen i should move out of the groove and slow down my laps to let them by, just doesnt seem right

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
does that meen i should move out of the groove and slow down my laps to let them by, just doesnt seem right
Not necessarily, a faster driver will in the end find away around a slower car.
The secret to rc racing is knowing how to pass and knowing how to get passed with out losing time. When a faster vehicle rolls up behind me on the track I usually give him a width of a vehicle to go by, he's already passed me on the clock so what good will it do to hold him up. Now in the main the line is mine. Its up to the other driver to find his way around me, and he usually does. I'll blow a corner.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that whole racing the clock thing is just abummer i just got back into racing after a 20 year break i was pretty excited about coming back and after doing these ifmar starts im already losing interest , maybe it will grow on me but right now its a bummer

·
Registered
80 Posts
Scramblerman- I just got back into dirt racing too, and just a quick reply: the IFMAR starts enable a much more properly sorted main and allow everyone to get a fair shot in their race. You need to remember that there is only ONE race each week- the Main- the others are just qualifiers. The heats are used to help you dial in your vehicle and gain position for the real race, while sorting drivers into equal classes.

Hope you stay in racing- new things always coming!!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
We tried Off The Pole races for the heats in our Annual Challenge Race. Worked very well. Everyone seemed to like it. Then IFMAR starts for the mains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts