Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished in time for Wonderfest this figure of 'Nova' from Starblazers.

For years, I've been wanting to do a figure of this character, but didn't want to portray her the way she was in the 70's.
I wanted to bring her a little more up to date.

The live action film also did this, taking many cues from the RDM Battlestar Galactica 'Starbuck' played by Katee Sackhoff.

However, I wanted to keep her a little sexier than depicted in the live action film.

Years of looking for the 'right' look and kit, finally finally paid of at WF 2010.
Resin Pimps had a great figure of 'Black Widow' that I felt I could modify.

I removed the wrist gauntlets, and the utility belt.
I also took the tops off the guns and scratch built ones from the show.
I changed the black stripe pattern a touch to flow better and brought in the 'arrow' theme. I was pondering over the holster, but decided because she had two guns, to omit it. I felt if she had two guns, I should have two holsters. That idea then seemed like she would look like she escaped from a western.

Last, I replaced the base, with a scratch built one. I liked the idea of something looking like a blasted chunk of Yamato hull.

Hope you guys like it.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Not bad, not bad at all! Well done!

Yuki is one of those iconic characters that, over at Japan's Wonderfest, SOMEBODY does a new one every year. This surely stands up to that. :)

And, good job, you got pretty close to the changes made for the new Yamato 2199 series currently ongoing!

http://yamato2199.net/character_mori.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts