Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these miniatures have been documented to death, but I thought I'd post these images for the three or four of you who've never seen them up close.

That's the three-foot Imperial Crusier, btw. I covered this particular model pretty well, so if there's a specific angle or detail you're looking for feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Where is this science exhibit you speak of? I remember your thread a while back with tons of pics, but I can't remember where you said it was and whether the exhibit was permanent or on tour.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Let's see ... on the Falcon, I see some 1/35 King Tiger decks, some 1/12 Ferrari wheels, some 1/12 Cosworth transaxles ...? :)

Very nice shots!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
El Gato said:
Where is this science exhibit you speak of?
The official title of the exhibit is Star Wars: Where Science Meets the Imagination. It opened in Boston last year, and moved to L.A.’s California Science Center in March (the current exhibit closes later this month; I’m not sure where it travels next).

REL said:
Nice! Do you have more of the Royal Cruiser?
The Royal Starship was very difficult to photograph, and what few shots I took didn't turn out very well. :cry:

Having modeled this subject (see My Gallery), I can tell you the boys at Estes really got it right. Except for the scale, the model rocket I “accurized” is virtually identical to the filming miniature -- only mine’s not all scratched up. ;)

Note to the scratch-builder: the windows on the FX miniature appear to be glossy, adhesive-backed “stickers” of the type often used in RC. The windowsills are not inset.

Also, the engine grills are raised sections, and are not scribed into the hull (looks like thin rectangles of pre-scribed styrene to me).

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I think this was (is) the post-Boston schedule, found on an SW forum:

* Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, Portland, OR, October - December 2006
* California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA, February - April 2007
* Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, Fort Worth, TX, June - August 2007
* The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA, February - April 2008
* The Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, June - October 2008

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
SteveR said:
I think this was (is) the post-Boston schedule, found on an SW forum:

* Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, Portland, OR, October - December 2006
* California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA, February - April 2007
* Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, Fort Worth, TX, June - August 2007
* The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA, February - April 2008
* The Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, June - October 2008
Man, if this comes to the Franklin Institute in Philly, I am going! I just checked the Web site for the Franklin I, And there is no mention of this. Any more info would be very appreciated!!!!!

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Carson Dyle said:
I know these miniatures have been documented to death, but I thought I'd post these images for the three or four of you who've never seen them up close.

That's the three-foot Imperial Crusier, btw. I covered this particular model pretty well, so if there's a specific angle or detail you're looking for feel free to ask.
Hey Carson, Any and all pics of the Falcon would be VERRYMUCH APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Notice, in the cockpit of the blockade runner.. a playboy centerfold. I watched a show about it years ago and they said the placed a tiny centerfold in there. Now what month was it again?!

Rob

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
beatlepaul said:
Hey Carson, Any and all pics of the Falcon would be VERRYMUCH APPRECIATED!!
Given the quantity of images I should probably go ahead and dump them in a photobucket somewhere. Can anyone recommend a good, user-friendly, easy-to-access site?

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the offer, Phil. Your site would, of course, be the ideal venue for this stuff.

Send me a PM or drop me an email when you have a moment and we'll figure out the logistics.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts