Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest bit of fun. Something I call "Star Trek" Version 1.5 but it's really just me attempting to recreate the Season 1 opening titles.

I'm still working on the planet textures but the mesh is in place for both segments it appears. Also added a star field test. The flicker you see is the result of either the resize or the compression as it does not appear in the full version. It's full length (and half size) with audio and shows all the elements I've worked up so far...

"Star Trek" Version 1.5 opening titles WIP#1 (4.24MB, DivX)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pretty cool, I like how you did the fly in affect. Let me know on your progress. Have you ever seen star trek new voyages? Just wondering because they did something kind of similar I think. Then again I don't care for NV.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I had some doubts about one bit though but it has grown on me now. I should be setting up the rest of the star sequences but instead I've got all new planet textures and I am rendering those two sequences now.

Once they are done I'll composite them in, see how they look in a video and then proceed to doing the starfield requirements.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
I have allway been bothered by the first flyby,and this one is the same.I know you are trying to capture the essence of the original show,but if you are doing new effects,why not try something new,say like a wide arc from the vanishing point to the flyby camera right.Just my thoughts,keep up the great work.Alexander

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right, I am trying to maintain a link to the original although I have tried to increase the flight dynamics in subtle ways. So in keeping with the original I don't want to stray into that too far.

However, once this is complete I am considering jazzing it up some.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts