Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the Season 2 boxed set will be coming out November 2 and Season 3 will be out Dec 14th.

But,

I've also heard that the 2nd season is already out. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks...Bob

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Most stores receive them as much as 2 weeks before release. However, at least where I work part time if you try to buy or sell them ahead of time the register won't let you. Some small mom and pop places might be able sell them ahead of time accidentally or on purpose, though they risk paying incredible fines to Paramount if they do. All the boxes that contain the sets have pretty bold stern warning labels not to sell them before the release date...

So legally it's not available yet.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
So...are you saying that they came out with a boxed set for Season 1 already? Is it still available? What did I miss and when? Is this a better option than the first time with all the individual 2 episode DVD's...?

Never mind...I just ordered Season1 Boxed set! Thanks anyway for the info!

MMM

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
I work for Future Shop and the sets will be coming in Monday night to be out on the shelves Tuesday. I'll be there overnight when they come in so I'll be sure one is set aside for me.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The best price I've seen is at Walmart: $118 Canadian before tax.

The worst: Best Buy: $162 Cdn before tax.

Incredible difference....

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have a Costco membership, you can get season 1 for $114 Cdn. I think my local Futureshop has it for $124 Cdn. List price for Season 2 at Futureshop is $119.99 Cdn.

Are there any cheaper Canadian sources?

Cheers,
Ray
in Vancouver

·
Registered
594 Posts
Naw, Costco has always been the cheapest that I've seen. For the other Trek sets, my local Futureshop lowered the price to the same level as the Costco price, so I always got them at the Futureshop because they include a bonus disc. I don't think they lowered the price for TOS though.

Dan

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I got the Voyager season four set - new, shrinkwrapped with a bonus disc, for $9.99.

Absolutely true story.

What's really funny is that's the only reason I bought it. :lol:

·
Registered
760 Posts
ThomasModels said:
I picked up my brand-new-still-shrink-wrapped Season 1 for $32 tonight.:p

No, it wasn't online.
Wanna tell us where? Buddy Pal !!! :jest:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts