Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I was going to say, don't get too worked up about this, it's gonna be TINY. The publisher has a TON of titles in this product line, you can usually see a 'spinner' display rack at any Barnes and Nobel. The box is like 3 or 4 inches tall.

Other items I've seen, they DO seem to put the time in, do the research, so it should be a halfway decent display piece.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the Hallmark Galileo light up ornament but more accurate. One can hardly argue with the price packaged with the book. I like it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the price there is not much to lose, I will see if it is at San Diego Comic Con though, very Trek heavy this year so maybe they will have one on display somewhere. Eaglemoss came out with a shuttle set included in it was Galileo, but it has the huge rear landing gear and ugly seams so I passed.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Went to the local B&N today and saw the Enterprise along with some other 'kits' but no books that I could see.
The book is more of a booklet INSIDE the box, along with the item (Enterprise, Communicator, Phaser, the not-yet released Shuttlecraft).

Really, it's small, novelty nonsense. It's meant to be an impulse buy, an upscale version of the crap toys that were in drug stores, liquor stores and such meant to quiet a child or be that quick "Hey, got you something!" apology present.

It's the nerd equivalent of the crappy bouquet of flowers at the gas station. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts