Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here collect the Eaglemoss Star Trek space ships?

I'm just beginning to get into them and am trying to sort through what is what. I see some being sold from various online shops that come in a nice box and others that come in a simpler box but with a magazine. I also notice the numbering seems to vary. I don't know if that's the shops using their own numbering or if the numbering differences actually signify something. So, I am looking for a definitive source for info.

Any info anyone can provide would certainly be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,864 Posts
I dont collect them myself, but they look to be one of the magazine subscription/newsstand offerings. Have you visited their own Eaglemoss web site or only others?

:lurk5:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont collect them myself, but they look to be one of the magazine subscription/newsstand offerings. Have you visited their own Eaglemoss web site or only others?

:lurk5:
Yes, I checked Eaglemoss's website. They have a fairly complete listing, but not what I'd call a thorough database.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek

So there seems to be some confusion on my part. There are some differences in the numbering of some models, and what seems to be some possible duplications of certain models (maybe, depending on the numbering). Rather than spending hours trying to decipher it all I was hoping there were collectors out there that may have already done that. :rolleyes:

·
BANNED
8,115 Posts
toyota .... if you keep this thread alive, eventually someone with the info you want will answer.
not everyone checks this site every day.
I know nothing about the collectibles you are asking about, but there will be someone along eventually

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
toyota .... if you keep this thread alive, eventually someone with the info you want will answer.
not everyone checks this site every day.
I know nothing about the collectibles you are asking about, but there will be someone along eventually
Thanks!

I'm patient.... but persistent. :wink2:

Here's a better look at the first batch of ships I bought, as well as the second bunch that arrived today.

20200109_194152 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

20200109_161420 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I believe what you are looking at is the difference btw their regular releases (with the magazines) and their "best of" re-releases.

The ones in the boxes without the magazines are their best sellers which they re-release from time-to-time. You'll notice they are the more mainline ships (Enterprise, Klingon, Romulan, Defiant, etc.).

My GUESS is that they are packaged to be sold in more traditional outlets than the collector versions with the magazines.

This line has been EXTREMELY successful for Eaglemoss and they have continued the line well beyond the original number of models it was scheduled for.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe what you are looking at is the difference btw their regular releases (with the magazines) and their "best of" re-releases.

The ones in the boxes without the magazines are their best sellers which they re-release from time-to-time. You'll notice they are the more mainline ships (Enterprise, Klingon, Romulan, Defiant, etc.).

My GUESS is that they are packaged to be sold in more traditional outlets than the collector versions with the magazines.

This line has been EXTREMELY successful for Eaglemoss and they have continued the line well beyond the original number of models it was scheduled for.
Thank you! That actually helped a lot, and got me to do more digging. But first, FYI: the fancy box versions also come with a magazine, but it is smaller in size. I prefer the smaller magazine, and the nicer box, but more after the photo...

20200111_192923 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

So, after more searching, I finally found something. There is a complete list at Memory Alpha, and they also go on to explain the fancy box editions. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Official_Starships_Collection

Best of the Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection

Debuting exclusively in North America in February 2018, Eaglemoss re-released twelve of its most popular Standard Edition issues in new windowbox packaging with attached J-hooks, enabling the boxes to be hung on pegs at retailers. The models within were identical to their earlier releases.

Scaled to fit into the box beneath the model, a downsized twenty-page booklet accompanied each starship and its stand. Each "collector's guide" (measuring 144 × 182 mm) had the same content as the original full-sized magazine (as detailed above) but the issue number was not printed on the cover. This packaging style was later used for the cloaked USS Defiant con exclusive and some releases in parts of Latin America.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you,
Well I have all the Enterprises.
TOS-J including the Ringship.
I don't have the Enterprise C though.
I missed out on that one. Hoping they reissue that one.
-Jim G.G.
Neat! Are your ships the regular size or the XL versions? I'm guessing regular...

If you need it, Eaglemoss currently has the regular size 1701-C in stock - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C

Also Big Bad Toy Store has the C as Best of Ship Collection (20% off) - Star Trek Starships Best of Ship Collection #10 USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C

Is that the 1701-C (Probert Concept) to the right of the Ring Ship?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
No, it's not the Probert concept. It's the one from the Next Generation TV series.
All of them are regular size except for the Ringship. It only came in the large size.
I made a mistake and said "C", I meant to say Enterprise F. Sorry. :)
- Jim G.G.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, it's not the Probert concept. It's the one from the Next Generation TV series.
All of them are regular size except for the Ringship. It only came in the large size.
I made a mistake and said "C", I meant to say Enterprise F. Sorry. :)
- Jim G.G.
Okay, that make more sense... I thought I was losing it, trying to scrutinize the ships in your pictures. :LOL:

I need to add F to my collection too. I also plan to get all the Enterprise versions available, as well as a lot more. ?‍♂

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Okay, that make more sense... I thought I was losing it, trying to scrutinize the ships in your pictures. :LOL:

I need to add F to my collection too. I also plan to get all the Enterprise versions available, as well as a lot more. ?‍♂
Cool.
I'm trying to limit myself on these little gems or else there will be no end :)
-Jim G.G.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Have they re-released the Enterprise F yet?
-Jim G.G.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Asking again...

Has anyone seen the Enterprise F for sale yet?
Thanks,
-Jim G.G.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts