Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a sotar 20/20. i am trying to airbrush , but when i pull back the trigger nothing sprays. everything is bubbling up in the cup like backwash. I have cleaned it and nothing looks clogged up. What am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Your're sucking air from somewhere. Has everything been tightened down real good? Usually means the tip is loose, if it has a removeable tip. Not familiar with that brand. I have a Paache that leaks real bad at the tip and I have to use Teflon tape on the threads to stop it.

Put some soapy water around the tip, blow some air through the brush and if you see bubbles around the threads, then that's it. The bubbles in the cup should stop. If not, then you're on your own.

HAL9001-

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
plugged up somewhere. Also, is the needle moving or stuck? Sometimes you can pull the trigger back but the needle is stuck and doesnt actually move.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same airbrush and have had exactly the same problem time and again.
Recently the brush started performing better after I bought an ultrasonic cleaner.
You can get them for about $30.00 on Amazon.
Disassemble the brush completely and put all the parts in the cleaner. Let the cleaner run for a full cycle or two to give the brush a thorough cleaning.
And each time you use the brush run AB cleaner through it immediatley after use.
And as others have said, make sure the needle tip and other parts of the assembly are screwed in properly.
Each time I take the brush out now I test it before adding paint. I still have to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner now and again to make sure it stays as clean as possible but most of my problems have now been fixed.

Derek

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same airbrush and have had exactly the same problem time and again.
Recently the brush started performing better after I bought an ultrasonic cleaner.
You can get them for about $30.00 on Amazon.
Disassemble the brush completely and put all the parts in the cleaner. Let the cleaner run for a full cycle or two to give the brush a thorough cleaning.
And each time you use the brush run AB cleaner through it immediatley after use.
And as others have said, make sure the needle tip and other parts of the assembly are screwed in properly.
Each time I take the brush out now I test it before adding paint. I still have to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner now and again to make sure it stays as clean as possible but most of my problems have now been fixed.

Derek
Thanks Ill try that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts