Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips to keep the PL TOS 1701 standing upright? It just won't stay standing. It wants to tip over. Luckily, it hasn't done a full gainer off the shelf. I have considered several options, but thought it would be a good idea to ask here first. It's most likely been done, (and talked about here, but I, as usual, missed it.) Thanks!

My best,
Dirt
http://www.munsterkoach.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
u could glue it to the stand with a weak acrylic glue like testors canopy glue. its strong enough to hold it up, but will break loose easy if you want to remove it for some reason (like flying it around the room). elmers glue would probably work too

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
the PL enterprise stand is woefully inadequate.

Fill it with plaster (lead?) or glue it to a hunk of wood. Or get rid of it and make your own.

Or let it fall and plop it in your parts box!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
Put a little lead weight back in the hangar deck. Does the trick fine.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I added some thin sheet lead, available at most Model RR hobby Shops to the bottom of the stand.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
My Solution

I went to Michales bought a 99 cent wooden oval then used the base of the PL kit, and inserted a wood dowl rod throught the center of the star. Drilled a hole in the bottom of the lower hull and it worked fine see photo. Last I used the stick on decal to spruce up the the stand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts