Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an Artasylum NCC1701-A with no stand,any suggestions for a stand that will hold it ??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Go to the LHVCC website - www.jleslie48.com, and go to downloadable Science Fiction models. Find Ron Caudillo's Enterprise model, then go to the stand download under it.

Download and print out the stand, then resize it to fit your 1701-A. My stand didn't break, I just didn't use it, used this one instead. You can print it out on card stock, mine has been on its cardboard stand for more than a year without any problems. You can paste any image you want on it using whatever image manipulation software you have, or if you want to make one out of plastic, use rubber cement to stick a paper printout on sheet styrene. If your printer can handle it, get a full sheet sized peel and stick paper , stick it on a piece of sheet styrene and run it through your printer, then cut them out and glue the pieces together with liquid plastic cement.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
DL Matthys said:
Brass rod and wood plaque. Go for the maritime museum look.
Ditto - except that I'd specify square brass tube. Square stuff stops that annoying pivoting thing and keeps the model positioned where you want it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
That whole pivoting thing can come in as a boon instead of a curse, tho. I've got a 1/1400 scale Nebula that doesn't suffer from me being able to "pose it" on the rounded brass tube stand. Allows me to keep the same shelf-top space occupied as-is while being able to turn the model to show different areas. A real boon when you're want to photograph something, too.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Griffworks said:
That whole pivoting thing can come in as a boon instead of a curse, tho. I've got a 1/1400 scale Nebula that doesn't suffer from me being able to "pose it" on the rounded brass tube stand. Allows me to keep the same shelf-top space occupied as-is while being able to turn the model to show different areas. A real boon when you're want to photograph something, too.
How about adding a thumbscrew collar, to allow the model to be fixed in position?

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Griffworks said:
I'll agree that the round rod works in some cases but to me the big benefit of square rod is that I can position the model anyway I want - nose up, left side down, etc. I can also put the mounting point anywhere on the model. When I wanted to build the Halcyon Dropship in flight with the bay open, the only place for the tand mount was three inches from the tail! Try that with a round rod.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts