Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would imagine it would work ok if you sprayed it on lightly with an airbrush or spray bottle, but personally I find misting just-printed decal sheets with light coats of Crystal Clear or Dullcoat from a can a lot easier and less trouble. Whatever liquid setting agent you use, if you apply it too heavily you'll probably make the ink run or bleed.

·
Starship Class
11,869 Posts
If you're referring to the time frame involved, I'd wait until the ink dried before applying a sealant just to reduce the chances of the ink running.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I used light coats of Future to seal some decals that were printed out. About three or four light passes seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Second on the adequate dry time. If you're using an inkjet, that's WET ink hitting the page and needs EXTRA dry time on decal paper as the ink is not soaking into the paper as it does with normal paper. I suggest at least an hour dry time before handling. Once done, rather than Future, I would spray a light coat of gloss lacquer. This seals the ink to the page and strengthens the decal without taking away the ability to use decal setting and solvent solutions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts