Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am running a KSG Gen 3 in spec truck and am trying to use the Thunder power 17.5 but the motor wire tabs are going to hit on the top plate. I didnt want to just cut the top plate (worried it will flex).So I am wondering if the Gen 2 top plate will fit on the gen 3 or is there another idea beside just hacking off one side of the top plate.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Use the gen 3 top pod plate... Carbon fiber is very strong you could cut the piece on the left side completely off if you wanted to and it still probably wouldnt flex.. If you look at most of the current cars they have all removed that peice of the upper plate that is in the way... Just use your dremel and grind it down far enough for the motor to clear you will be fine... I ran that car for years and the with a thunder power motor in it for a good amount of that time...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Gen 3 Top Plate

Goofy4d, I had to cut mine also to run a Novac Ballistic. Pod was designed for Novac SS motors. Will not have any problems ran mine for over two years. Happy Racin!. KRITER :wave:

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can rotate the motor in the pod so the connectors are face toward the front of the car & make your solder joints & still use the stock top plate

·
Registered
817 Posts
I also

I also rotated the motor in the pod so the wires faced forward on my Gen2/ballistic, no problems................Hey Fred.....:dude:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts