Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used SPX hooked it up the other day and it makes the motor chatter and some times you have to push start it .Is this something I can reset in the esc or it time to send it back.:freak:

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's usually a fet gone bad in the speed. The motor can cause this also. It's probly the speedo..

Ritchie Mac
Yea I put both a 10.5 SS and a 10.5 ballistic both did the same thing the ballistic was worse.

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What if I think I found my clicking noise but you have to push start the motor but not all the time the SS 10.5 did not have a problem starting off just this ballistic?:eek:I did try my 13.5 ballistic and it did the same thing but i know its fine because I ran it thursnight with no issues.

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I have switched it back and fourth from 4 cell to lipo still does the same thing.Reset it up to the controler still does it.And it still sounds kinda rough.

when it will not start the motor it flashes back and fourth red orange?

Jake

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a tc do this a few months ago. Bought a new gtb 4 cell and today it happened again. I'm puzzled, is it something a few of us are doing incorrect? After a normal run with no issues other than the driver, took the car in, charged the pack and went back out to find the problem?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had 3 6cell gtbs 1 4cell gtb,3 LRP spheres,2 LRP 07 comp,1 LRP TC speck.Never a problem with any of them this SPX cam to me broke.I have a pm to the guy about it.

Jake

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Something to keep in mind:
Just about every problem with your transmitter, receiver, motor (rotor), servos, modules, batteries, connectors, moisture damage, etc. will look like a speed control problem.

So, it takes a lot of information to track down the culprit. (Some times it IS the esc, but a lot of other potential component issues need to be eliminated first.) Historically, many escs we receive back "under warranty" have nothing wrong; so the real problem was not identified.

You can always email [email protected] with your question, during regular CS hours. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Seeing how as you are viewing the thread I figured I'd ask and maybe you can answer here before I type out a novel of an email to tech. If I unsolder the capacitor on my gtb, in order to test to see if that is the problem since it has happend to me before. It turns out not to be the problem, I email tech and get no luck as for troubleshooting, send the esc in for repair or exchange under warranty is this an out of warranty deal? This actually only happened after I installed a ballistic motor, so I am going to do some home work, triple check the car over and all components to trouble shoot and then email. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you with trouble-shooting your electronics; you need to send your "novel" off to tech support addressing all of the items posted above.

Seeing how as you are viewing the thread I figured I'd ask and maybe you can answer here before I type out a novel of an email to tech. If I unsolder the capacitor on my gtb, in order to test to see if that is the problem since it has happend to me before. It turns out not to be the problem, I email tech and get no luck as for troubleshooting, send the esc in for repair or exchange under warranty is this an out of warranty deal? This actually only happened after I installed a ballistic motor, so I am going to do some home work, triple check the car over and all components to trouble shoot and then email. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I ended up rewiring the whole car and it works like a charm. Sometimes, ya just gotta go back to day one I suppose

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
electronics are a nightmare. i have seen all brands Novak, Lrp, Tekin, Traxxas, Castle, Associated, Hpi, and Losi. all have there problems NIB.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is no resetting the speed control...make sure you have the hall sensor wire hooked up and try another motor if the problem still exist, then send it in for service.

Team Associated
26021 Commercentre Dr.
lake forest, ca 92630
attn: LRP repair

1 - 20 of 23 Posts