Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a SPX used it took 2 weeks and 2 or 3 phone calls to get the guy to ship it to me I got it put it in the car and it shuttered and had to be push started I contacted the guy he siad too bad it worked when he shipped it to me.I sent it back to LRP and was told it was unfixable I wasked what was wrong with it they said it had too much load put on it and the lower board had been hot ect.Now this could have not been my fault as I never got to run it since I paid 100 bucks for it and now I had to pay 110 more to get it replaced I am out the cost of a new one 210 bucks. I have asked the guy to at least pay 1/2 of what it cost me to get it replaced 55 bucks with no responce so far in a bout a week.

John (inman59)I think you should work with me on this as I have done all the steps to make sure I was never at fault.

You guys let me know if I am off base.

Jake

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
i totaly agree with you!!! atleast.....atleast pay half if not full refund!!! ive found that those are famous words when buying electrics " worked when i sent it"...lol, hope he works with you, good luck!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
thats the least he can do!!! i would contact paypal and file a claim!!! it worked when i sent it is a copout!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Paypal only insure you get the item. They will not cover the conditon of an item. Already been down that road. The best way Ive seen to get back is find were they live/race and see if they might be on a local forum under the same name. Then start posting. Good luck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got it put it in the car and it shuttered and had to be push started... they said it had too much load put on it and the lower board had been hot ect.Now this could have not been my fault as I never got to run it
It sounds like you did have a chance to run it. If you had to push start it to get it to go, then you had too much load on it. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but you say that you had to push start it, then you say that you never got to run it. If the other guy has good feedback, then you're probably stuck on this one.
Brian

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like you did have a chance to run it. If you had to push start it to get it to go, then you had too much load on it. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but you say that you had to push start it, then you say that you never got to run it. If the other guy has good feedback, then you're probably stuck on this one.
Brian
No offence but you must not know too much about brushless esc s.Too much load would come from running high timming too much gear and has nothing to do with take off.I could gear the esc too the moon and it would take off fine.

Umm yea it ran a shaking half lap befor I let up because I could tell it was messed up then had to be push started sorry bro not my fault.

Still no word from John.

Jake

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
No offence but you must not know too much about brushless esc s.Too much load would come from running high timming too much gear and has nothing to do with take off.I could gear the esc too the moon and it would take off fine.

Umm yea it ran a shaking half lap befor I let up because I could tell it was messed up then had to be push started sorry bro not my fault.

Still no word from John.

Jake

+1 YOU COULD ROLL OUT @ 700.00 AND THE THING WOULD STILL TAKE OFF

JAKE I SEE JOHN DOWN HERE FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN HE COMES TO RACE WITH US ON THE ASPHALT IF I SEE HIM I WILL TRY TO ENCOURAGE HIM TO CALL....

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a peep from JOHN he said send it in and he would see if he could help guess it was just talk he had offered to send my money back befor he ever sent the SPX out to me since it had been 2 weeks since I paid him and it was not on the way yet at that point guess I should have taken him up on that.

Jake

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Not a peep from JOHN he said send it in and he would see if he could help guess it was just talk he had offered to send my money back befor he ever sent the SPX out to me since it had been 2 weeks since I paid him and it was not on the way yet at that point guess I should have taken him up on that.

Jake
atleast you got a peep:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
check the sensor wires make sure there are no broken wires especially in the plug that goes in to speedo mine did the same thing had to push start it ran very slow check motor wires sure enough one was broke.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
check the sensor wires make sure there are no broken wires especially in the plug that goes in to speedo mine did the same thing had to push start it ran very slow check motor wires sure enough one was broke.
I have allready sent it back to LRP they said the lower board was fried from being ran with too much load (UNFIXABLE) so I paid another 110 bucks for a new one from them.

Jake

1 - 15 of 15 Posts