Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away from oval racing for a while now & was wondering what size spur gears everyone is running in their pancars now. I have 2 Leading Edge cars & need a place to start to take advantage of the newer brushless motors probably in 13.5 1S & 21.5 2S.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
88 tooth should work for you Greg. If you want to be safe you can even go as low as a 76. All cars a a little diff with the amount of pinion you can throw on.

I currently run a 96 on my Darkside Tornado with no issues, but I think the LE cars were a little more limited, so 88 or lower should get you going.

Joel White

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Been away from oval racing for a while now & was wondering what size spur gears everyone is running in their pancars now. I have 2 Leading Edge cars & need a place to start to take advantage of the newer brushless motors probably in 13.5 1S & 21.5 2S.
88 spur is great on the LE cars. thats the spur I run on both my hangman chassis in 13.5 cot and truck

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys looks like an 88 is the way to go for me then. Hey Joel how you been buddy. Racing anywhere? Hows Jesse doing?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Not to bad. Very busy at work, but I guess that is a good thing right now.

We have been racing a few times this year over in Greeneville TN. We are heading down there on the 5-8th of Nov for Oval Masters. We drive by Stuarts Draft on the way and it reminds me that you live there. You should come out on Saturday and watch some racing.

Jesse is doing ok. Not really racing anymore, as he lost his job. He is currently still in NC, but I think he is thinking about moving back to VA. His last race he won the ROAR region 3 Stock TC champ. I got to announce the race which was great!

Let me know if you have any questions, or need some help to get you out and racing.

Joel White

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Joel I guess staying busy at work nowadays is a good thing with all the layoffs & such. Sorry to hear Jesse lost his job things are tough nowadays if you're out of work. I haven't been entirely out of racing. I've been racing 1/8 nitro buggies as of late. Talk about maintenance on a car. Nothing like having to blow the dirt & sometimes mud off your car & out of the receiver box after every run. It is fun though! Learning how to jump it was probably the hardest part for me. Good to hear from you & that you're doing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts