Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The smallest spurs I have been able to find are 88 teeth, anyone make anything smaller? With the rollouts used for brushless what combinations are you guys using? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Ralf think about this. if you have 2.25 tires with a 88 spur and have at the highest a 50 pin which i know they make then you have a 4.01 rollout. is there a need for bigger then that? :) lol

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of family health problems lately, My Dad passed away last month and my brother is fighting cancer. I have just gotten back into racing and have made several trips to Greenville running 13.5, really NEED track time. Only raced with you guys about a year and just starting to get comfortable when Pontoon closed, then we moved to NC. I am still trying to get back into the groove and it's an hour and a half away through the mountains but a very nice track and great people. I was fortunate to hook up with you all at Pontoon, and racing twice a week really helped but have not driven in almost 4 years. At the Greenville track they are running about a 3.40-3.50 rollout in 13.5, with the 88 tooth spur I had to buy pinions in the 43-46 range and am thinking of heading to SC to race outside on caps (watch out) so I imagine I am either going to have to find smaller spurs or bigger pinions for the Easly SC track. The Greenville carpet track will be closed most of the summer as most guys move to the outside, larger, banked tracks for the season. There is also a nice outdoor track in TN that I might try and get to. Will be in STL for a wedding the first Saturday in May, maybe I will get by to see yu guys at the track between the wedding and the reception. Ralph

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
emphasis on old and he does kinda smell like a fart!
McLin said:
Ralf, the RC-Oval Nitro series will be at Easly on th 28th, look for the old fart with the gas car LOL

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that they were making them but they evidently are still in short supply, waiting for them to get to my favorite supplier. Was still wondering weather you guys preferred a smaller spur or larger pinion? McLin, We are NOT old, we are RETRO ! Ralf

·
Registered
771 Posts
I use a 104 tooth spur gear and I run a 4300. Normally I dont run higher than a 2.70 rollout indoors on carpet anywhere I run. With a 104 you can get away with having 38-43 tooth pinions. I start my tires at 2.250.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
KLUPI said:
I use a 104 tooth spur gear and I run a 4300. Normally I dont run higher than a 2.70 rollout indoors on carpet anywhere I run. With a 104 you can get away with having 38-43 tooth pinions. I start my tires at 2.250.
the associated pod plates are going to require an 88 toth minimum to get good gearing for bl.. We had to use 88's for the triclone as well.. even before bl..

Robinson no longer makes the small spurs.. ive tried directly through them.. I foind two of them at a old shop tho.. got a 78 and 81.. But two wont make the season.. glad the PRs ones are on there way..

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
PRS 76, 80, and 84 spurs should be available a week from this Friday. Barry at MSA will have them a few days after that. Anyone attending Easley the weekend of the 28th, the Hobbyshop (Hobby Connection) there will have them in stock as well (pending availability).

RALF.............
Flipper will be running 13.5 at Easley and we are gonna start him at an 88/55 (1.60 final). We ran at Darlington with some 13.5 and wound up on a 92/58 (1.57 final) and the motor was only 140 degrees.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts